Dirt Bike Guide
Reviews
Dealer Guide - our own yellow pages!
Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Moto Mountain Updates
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:40 am 
GOR Assisted Living

::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rotf:: ::rotf::

Well, as long as they don't do it AGAIN.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:44 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

mog wrote:
::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rotf:: ::rotf::

Well, as long as they don't do it AGAIN.

::rofl:: ::rofl:: :D :D

Exactly ::smirk::

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:21 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

Why? They used the money to haul in some PRIMO Canadian dirt!........aaaaaand paid to have all the trails cleared and cleaned up! I’m sure the season pass holders are than happy to get stiffed again considering all the positive benefits everyone else gained. ::cheers::

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:25 am 
GOR Assisted Living

And don't forget the mulch. That stuff is sweet!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:10 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

ScottGreer wrote:
Why? They used the money to haul in some PRIMO Canadian dirt!........aaaaaand paid to have all the trails cleared and cleaned up! I’m sure the season pass holders are than happy to get stiffed again considering all the positive benefits everyone else gained. ::cheers::

I'm sure they will make good on their defaults, AFTER they collect enough extra $10 bills to cover the debt. ::rotf::

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:06 pm 
D - class
D - class

does moto moutain have a open container law or do you have to pour your beer in your camelback when you ride there

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:07 am 
GOR Assisted Living

I think a brown bag or coozie is suffice.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:01 pm 
C - class
C - class

Hey Riders,
I missed last weekend at MM so I got up there early yesterday. Rode for about 4 hours and spent the next 3 on foot nailing up signs on the E loop ST. If you miss the entrances to RidgeRunner and Jacobs Ladder then your ripping too fast around the main loop ::applause::

My riding partner showed me some 2 new ST inside E loop that I had missed. It's almost like a treasure hunt every time I ride out there. I nailed up a directional arrow to the small loop directly opposite the exit of Jacob's Ladder. In essence, Jacobs Ladder is a figure 8 loop with the cross over being at the exit of Jacobs Ladder. We rode another loop mystery trail that starts where Southern Nights begins but on the other side of the creek. It starts with a challenging off camber uphill and eventually dumps you out at the first stair step/ free hill climb sections that is about 2/3 of way around the E loop. I will name and sign this trail soon. I also discovered that RidgeRunner has a RidgeRunner 2 section that runs parallel to the E loop. Just as Jacobs ladder runs parallel, but backwards, along the inside of E loop, RidgeRunner 2 runs parallel on the outside of E loop-- but in the same direction as E loop. I used blue spray paint to mark RidgeRunner2 trail and always mark on the right of the trail. Ideally it runs the same direction as the E loop but I can see how some may run that section backwards, so I painted 2 way arrows. Visibility on that section is good so it shouldn't be a big issue if someone rides it backwards. I figure that particular section is a 2 diamond at most. Interestingly, there is a massive gulley off this trail that drops down to the creek. If I can clear the fallen tree inside it would make a solid 5 and maybe a 6 diamond hill climb. It gets narrow and has rock shelves in it which will provide a real challenge for non-Rekluse riders. Probably name it Superman's Hill.

As for D loop, I didn't have any energy left to chainsaw the 2 trees on Stoney Creek/Canyon Carver entrance. Paths have been made around them. The loop past the end of Dragons Back that almost killed my will to live 2 weekends ago has been conquered. Where massive trees have blocked the creek crossing we made a way over the creek further down near the fence and gate, in essence connecting to the other half of the loop. This loop is now in full effect and a must ride but make sure your brakes and clutch are not prone to smoking before riding it. I have no idea what this trail used to be called but something like 'Up In Smoke' feels apt. This loop also has an awesome gully climb that needs light clearing. It actually has more rock shelves than previously mentioned "Superman" and should yield a 6-7 diamond rating. Trials guys would enjoy it.

I saw new faces out there yesterday and was told that they are currently updating their FB and website with the correct hours of operation. They have most of the gazebo roofs built and there is no charge to park yourself and gear under them. I see them as a way to lure my lady up there with the promise of getting out her of the elements, drink some wine, read a book and chillax--while I ride ::smirk::

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:14 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Thanks for all the updates! Even with the higher entry fee it's still cheaper for me to drive to HP or DP..... both are over a 100 miles each way. I will for sure be giving it a shot when I have time to ride again. It will be a closer option when they close Whissenhunt for the winter. ::cheers::

cannondale flash 1 29er

Nick Kitchen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:12 pm 
C - class
C - class

Hey Yoohoo, if you change your mind I will likely be there Sat am to ride for a few hours and then nail up more trail signs later In the day. Probably be riding my YZX. I have a few guys that may show if they can get the OK from their Better halves. I’ve been parking up at the ‘million $ view’ lately.
Lee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:01 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Lotta Throttle wrote:
Hey Yoohoo, if you change your mind I will likely be there Sat am to ride for a few hours and then nail up more trail signs later In the day. Probably be riding my YZX. I have a few guys that may show if they can get the OK from their Better halves. I’ve been parking up at the ‘million $ view’ lately.
Lee

I have to work Saturday (firefighter). Are you available to ride during the week? My schedule is 24 on 48 off so I tend to have free time if I am not doing home repairs.

Nick

cannondale flash 1 29er

Nick Kitchen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:58 pm 
C - class
C - class

Hey Nick, Matt and whomever else wants to ride,
Looking like a Sunday ride for me this weekend. Last Sat I went up there just to walk and prune trails, no riding since it was raining. I discovered the original trail called 'motomtn trail' that lives inside of the D loop. It is the longest trail out there and I wound up chain sawing quite a few downed trees but leaving any that would make a good log hop. This trail is the one that starts near the Stoney Creek and Canyon Carver trails but starts a few hundred yards inside of the D loop off of a 4 wheeler road rather than starting from the D loop. It has a good 100 yard run down the center of a creek and it crosses up and over a few ranges. Unfortunately, I only made it to the halfway point of the trail where it meets a logging road. From there, it turns back into the woods and down the mtn before crossing over D loop (we’ve all blown past this unmarked crossover as we throttle up the D loop hill) and eventually terminates back at the D loop directly across from the start of WhosUrDaddy ST . I look forward to riding this new find on Sunday.

I was told today that the keeper of the website will be uploading the map that they hand out (that printed map with fonts too small to make out the trail names). That alone should be a big help to ST explorers. If I get lucky I may be able to get up there late Sat to nail up more trail head signs.

Last edited by Lotta Throttle on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:19 pm 
D - class
D - class

Lotta Throttle, since you seem to be doing all of the trail improvements and maintenance for that business that doesn't operate like a business, I hope they are at least letting you ride for free.

It seems that they either have way more money than sense, and/or way more money than a care in the world. And not money from this operation, I would presume. I have never seen a business operate the way they do, and succeed. The owner must be rich as snot already, and is just playing around.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:30 pm 
C - class
C - class

Hey Burt,
They treat me well enough to keep me volunteering. They loan me a chainsaw and a quad which is about all i need. I dont know the owner or his motivation but i see they are building more sheds for the main parking lot and camping spots. He appears to be investing $ and camping spots is a good plan. Maybe hes just a rich guy who’s happy with folks riding his mountains for $35?

I know a lot of riders who would like to ride harder enduro trails but i know none that have shown up to help me to help make/maintain them. I guess most folks dont like manual labor these days? I offered 4 other trail rider dudes the chance to help in exchange for riding free for a few weekends and not a single one even replied. It really isnt that hard to hike with a chainsaw and loppers—BUT you have to like being in the woods and working with your hands.

Through my hikes ive found trails i never knew were there. Im nailing up signs fast as i can so others can also find them. Ive walked 13 of them and i believe there are 5 more to go. I hear there are other trails that were never marked which is probably a good idea.

Im planning on just riding tomorrow. Come up and i can show you what i know. You probably could show me new trails. I’ll be on my ‘01 CR250 and usually park up at the overlook. Hope to meet you,
Lee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:33 am 
C - class
C - class

Hey ST'rs,
Yesterday was primo riding on the mountain and the conditions were perfect. I met up with a group of younger dudes I call the 'Ronnie Mac wild bunch' and we had a blast on MotoMtn trail. I'm telling you, the original MotoMtn trail inside the D loop and running outside the D loop is awesome. It has something of everything from 3 diamond sections to 5 diamond sections, multiple ridges and valleys, big hills, tight bark buster sections, a long creek slide/run, log hops, nasty gullied out down hills, off cambers and even forestry road sections. It feels like it goes forever before connecting directly to WhosUrDaddy which only extends the fun---or misery. Those 2 trails by themselves are worth at least $25 and the leaf colors are worth another $10, IMHO. Next weekend will be the tail end of all the leaf colors if you're into that.

I'm going to try and get back up there Friday afternoon and cut 2 new trees that fell across Jacobs Ladder. Detour trails have already been made around them. More directional signs and trail head signs are being made, also.

Put your hesitation aside for a weekend, lay down the $35 and come join me next weekend. I promise you will get $35 worth of ST riding and hill climbing. Heck, I will buy lunch at bubbaQ in Jasper to 2 folks who can gut it through all the ST I will take us on. Man, I sure hope Megs_braap and Crystal_loves-moto from IG answer my lunch offer ::smirk::

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next