Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Moto Mountain
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:15 pm 
GOR Pro
GOR Pro

Thanks for the update. I think most of us figured that would be the case.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:51 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Thanks for the update.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:04 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

fiestcr wrote:
Okay here is your confirmation 100%. First off I don't have my glasses so I am voice texting on my telephone so if there's any punctuation or sentence errors please forgive me. My phone doesn't always understand Southern. So I live in Calhoun which is only a 30-minute ride to Moto Mountain. On the way home from work I figured it'd be a good reason to take my adventure bike out that way to see exactly what's up. Here's the Scoop just from observation. Yes the big towers at Overlook the mud pit in the parking lot have had the top part stain and has some wood around. There really are no bulldozer mark from where any work has been done. There are plenty of bush hog tracks but that's about it. Just observing from the road all the AP and seat rails or overgrown they're still visibly there but very overgrown. The parking lot looks like abandon and has water ruts everywhere. Now here's the real kik and why the truth really comes out. The whole time I was up there I can hear a four wheeler engine running. As I was leaving sure enough I spotted a good old boy out trespass riding. Offline him over the quiz him on the situation and the current condition of the trails out. He was a local and only lived right down the road as you come off the main road. His four wheeler was one of those that you would find in the yard sale it will speed up he had no helmet on hat on backwards and a big chew and. Jobs in his late twenties real nice real honest but here was his. None absolutely none of the trails have been worked on everything is overgrown and everything the right side of the road is so washed-out you can hardly write it even on a four wheeler. They said yes people have been up there working on that deck months ago or a couple weeks ago but other than that no work has been done. So with that unless they're planning on bringing in the Army Corps of Engineers for the next two weeks Moto Mountain will not be opening anytime soon or if. I hope this debunks the rumor and put this thing to rest because it's not happening gentlemen. I hope this report this to everyone's satisfaction and Highland Park still number one.

haha i just read this again, and WOW the phone really does toss up the southern accent.

2015 NC 700X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:19 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Hey thank you Fiestcr for investigating this and letting us know what you found out! Disappointed in the news, but not surprised as they never responded to any requests for information at all.

Bummed

2009 KTM 200 XCW ~ SONNY <3

I do not regret the things I've done... I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:00 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Ragamuffin wrote:
Hey thank you Fiestcr for investigating this and letting us know what you found out! Disappointed in the news, but not surprised as they never responded to any requests for information at all.

Bummed

your welcome. I was hoping since its just a 30 min hop from the house, but someone had their 15 mins of Fun. I also reported on their FB page as well. Looks like the rumor mill has shut down now.

2015 NC 700X

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:39 pm 
Team GOR
Team GOR

We went up on 9/23/2017
They are open and you pay at the parking lot, Motorcycle Bobs is closed.

https://youtu.be/TLgg9RJKHAg

The trails are in great shape. One of the staff members came and spoke to each person in the parking lot looking for a bad emergency contact. Nice!

Ohenry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:40 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Any updates on the single track conditions? Rumor was that it was a little rough with some trees down.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:33 pm 
Team GOR
Team GOR

jhunter wrote:
Any updates on the single track conditions? Rumor was that it was a little rough with some trees down.

We only hit A,B,C,D, and E