Dirt Bike Guide
Reviews
Dealer Guide - our own yellow pages!
Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Moto Mountain Updates
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:00 pm 
B - class
B - class

kgnktmcrasher wrote:
I'll try to be there around 9. White Supercrew with KTM 350.

OK, likely 9:15 for me. We will have smoker 125's, 200's and 250's in the group so expect some jealousy of that 350 grunt...

We usually park across the street from the check-in. Along the fence line

Thanks for joining the group,
Lee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:56 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

So check in is no longer at the store down the road? It is on site at the property now??

2005 KTM 450EXC #665
2003 Sherco 2.9
1979 Yamaha IT400
2001 Kawasaki KX500

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:28 pm 
B - class
B - class

smithpa68 wrote:
So check in is no longer at the store down the road? It is on site at the property now??

Yes, the gas station that is off property is closed, you now check-in inside the park. I believe Google maps still directs to the gas station. Take the fork at the gas station and go 1/4 mile. Park will be on the right, cant miss it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:56 pm 
D - class
D - class

Enjoyed the ride Saturday at Moto Mountain. There is definitely plenty of challenging single track at this place. I had no idea. I'll go back.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:52 pm 
B - class
B - class

Back on the entry fee issue, my buddies and I have other places to ride. MM is centrally located for us so it is not like it is a few miles away to make the $35 worth it. We have been wanting to go there but when it comes down to making a decision on Friday as to where we are going on Saturday or Sunday MM is ruled out due to 35 bucks per head. I think they are losing money with a higher entry fee. A family of 4 has to pay $140.00 not including gas? I don't think so. HP or MM?? HP all the way for us, it is farther away but it costs 10 bucks less and has far better trails. Money is a little tight for many riders so cost DOES make a difference.

Hey Lotta Throttle, tell the boys at MM to change the entry fee to $25.00 per head and when they do we will be out there that weekend. Until then we will make a different choice.

Jeff

Previous bikes-
1974 Yamaha trials 250,1978 YZ 125,1979 RM 250,1981 CR 480,1985 TRI-Z 250,1985 RM 250,1986 Quadracer 250, 1989 CR 500,1991 Banshee 350,2006 CRF 450x
Current-2007 Honda CRF 450x, 2008 Raptor 700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:26 pm 
B - class
B - class

Hey Jam3,
I sure wish I had that kind of clout. I'm just 'neck down' free labor, no one cares for my thinking. Still, I love the terrain of MM and I like more challenging trails so I'm happy to help clear and make trail.

HP is run very well but it is hard to compare their single track trails to MM, IMHO. HP's main loop and single track trails are far more novice friendly than MM's 5 main loops and certainly more novice friendly than MM's single track trails, trust me. On the flip side, HP's mx tracks are way better than MM's little track.

What I'm about to share is likely very biased, but speaking of single track I'm 3/4 of the way through cutting a long and gnarly 4 part trail that has everything from 3 diamond to 5+ diamond--- at least it feels like 5+ diamond climbing up all the hills on my hands and feet while toting a tools. I sure as heck hope it rides like a 5 to 5+ diamond trail after all the time I've invested in cutting it. I believe the start of this trail will keep most folks from even trying due to the sketchy and steep transition required. It will have lots of hairy transitions, rocky gully runs, tons of off-cambers and is riddled with steep hill climbs and descents. I'm probably gonna name this 4 part trail Hillbilly, Hillbilly's Revenge, Hillbilly 'Aint done and Hillbillies Last Stand--something cheezy and memorable. If this rain will cooperate I can knock out part 4 this week/weekend and then tack up arrows and signs. Each of the 4 parts of this Hillbilly trail will have bail out points aka...#safespaces that will allow women, children, elderly and the broken spirited to get back on a major loop and save face ::rotf::

Once Hillbilly is done and if I still have any energy and ambition left there's even more difficult terrain available that is ripe for a TKO style trail.

Holler if you guys ever come up, I can show you a solid 4+ hours of just single track trail--forget the main loops. I have yet to ride every single track trail in the same day; I usually tap out with a few trails remaining.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:16 am 
GOR Assisted Living

Jam3 wrote:
HP all the way for us, it is farther away but it costs 10 bucks less and has far better trails. Money is a little tight for many riders so cost DOES make a difference.

Hey Lotta Throttle, tell the boys at MM to change the entry fee to $25.00 per head and when they do we will be out there that weekend. Until then we will make a different choice.
Maybe if a vehicle shows up with 3+ riders MM can cut the cost to $25 / rider . . . . or a $20 youth fee for families.

Best,
- c bob

Thanks to: Mika Metals, Twin Air, Scott, ZeaVision . . . . ><>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:52 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I agree with CBob on the possible 'youth' fee discount. I said before that if you can't afford the regular riding fee's then you should look for a cheaper hobby. BUT, the youth fee, military discount or even 'seniors' discounts are something that MM should take a look at ::up::

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:41 am 
GOR Assisted Living

So are you military or a senior?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:43 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Or, if you have on green underwear you get 20% off! ::rollieyes::

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:59 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

Hmmm. I'll leave that one alone.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:01 pm 
B - class
B - class

cbob wrote:
Jam3 wrote:
HP all the way for us, it is farther away but it costs 10 bucks less and has far better trails. Money is a little tight for many riders so cost DOES make a difference.

Maybe if a vehicle shows up with 3+ riders MM can cut the cost to $25 / rider . . . . or a $20 youth fee for families.

Best,
- c bob

I agree, a discount for the kids and military would be great. If I can ever get a moment with the Owner I would push for it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:10 pm 
B - class
B - class

Apparently I can receive emails but I cant actually send a reply. I guess I haven't earned that privilege? So for the fellow who emailed me yesterday about the 'fence line trail' here is my reply:
I had a good laugh at your email. Yes, the part that runs up the fence line is called Dragons Tail. It starts with Dragons Back (the ravine you rode down) and then you cross over a 4 wheeler road to Dragons Tail and I think the final run is called Dragons Last Breath. Dragons Tail is the trail I posted about on page 3 or so where I was on my non-Rekluse YZX250 alone with a bad airscrew that kept stalling me and I tried to sidewind my way back up the hill I had just came down because the passage was blocked. It was an ugly affair, took forever and it was almost dark before I made it out of there on my staller bike. The following week I went back with a buddy (and my Reklused CR250) and we made the hill that goes up the fence line so we could connect to the rest of the trail. Do NOT cross that fence line, that is private property. And there is NO WAY I'm going to try and chainsaw those giant trees that are blocking passage on the original trail, so the hill up the fenceline is the only way out of there. Grip it and rip it.
Honestly, these Dragon's trails are not the hardest ones out there. I think MotoMtn #1 and #2 and Who's your Daddy offer more challenges and the new Hillbilly 4 part trails I'm working on will offer similar challenges--I hope.

Keep riding, you will get these trails down and be shredding them in no time.

Lee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:50 pm 
B - class
B - class

Hey JHUNTER, you keep saying people cant afford it, when it is worth $35 bucks we will be there. It is not about whether we can afford it, it is about whether it is worth it compared to our other options. Getting a better riding experience for less has us going elsewhere. Besides MM didn't do any favors for its customers when it lied to us for a few years about a movie so that weighs in as well when we are deciding where to go. So far this year MM has not been the choice. It is what it is

Previous bikes-
1974 Yamaha trials 250,1978 YZ 125,1979 RM 250,1981 CR 480,1985 TRI-Z 250,1985 RM 250,1986 Quadracer 250, 1989 CR 500,1991 Banshee 350,2006 CRF 450x
Current-2007 Honda CRF 450x, 2008 Raptor 700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:50 pm 
B - class
B - class

Jam3 wrote:
Hey JHUNTER, you keep saying people cant afford it, when it is worth $35 bucks we will be there. It is not about whether we can afford it, it is about whether it is worth it compared to our other options. Getting a better riding experience for less has us going elsewhere. Besides MM didn't do any favors for its customers when it lied to us for a few years about a movie so that weighs in as well when we are deciding where to go. So far this year MM has not been the choice. It is what it is

Jam3---Maybe 'Value' is what you get out of the experience. Have you ever ridden all 22+ single track trails at MM? I ask because most folks have only ridden the 'loops' ie..the bulldozer-wide outer loops but less have ridden the ST trails because they were poorly marked. Even less have ridden ALL the ST trails out there because some were not marked at all. Ironically, because the trails have been poorly marked the result is that there's actual topsoil--they are mostly fresh to almost fresh trails. I think there's value in that alone. You may also find value in the fact that there are lots of 'free ride' hill climbs to do; there are 5 outer loops to open it up on; the little "mx" track is nice to get your flow going and the gas line is fun to explore. If you like mud, there's always a mudhole/bog somewhere to be found. They also have 2 free bike washes.

I think if you get the opportunity to ride all of MM then you will find $35 gets you a full day of riding-- likely without doing the same trails twice--- and the challenging terrain is just icing on the cake. 1hr:20mins from Atlanta aint too shabby, either

I'm sure if you come ride with me, or any of the dozen or so guys who know all the ST trails, that you will get your $35 worth---and if you're like me you probably wont have the energy to ride every single trail in 1 day, much less ride the ST and then also rip around the 5 outer loops. If we don't get rain tomorrow and Friday then I will ride Sat or Sunday. The trails are challenging enough already, a hard rain only makes it worse. Let's hook up and see what you think after we ride.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next