Dirt Bike Guide
Reviews
Dealer Guide - our own yellow pages!
Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Moto Mountain Updates
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:32 pm 
C - class
C - class

I finally made it up to MM late this afternoon to prune the High Plains Drifter trail. It was bitter cold but surprisingly little snow left from what I saw; I saw none on this particular trail.

High Plains Drifter is the trail in between the fork of the D loop near that gymnastic thing. It is signed as a 4 diamond (because it is tight) but because it's flat it really feels more like a 3 diamond, IMHO. The last 2 weekends I rode this trail we kept missing a right hand turn on the trail and wound up at the D loop pointing in the wrong direction. No more. I put up a wrong way sign on the D loop to keep folks from tempting fate and just before that spot I put a an arrow pointing right to the missing part of the trail. High Plains Drifter eventually dumps you back out on the D loop near an intersection. You will see arrows telling you which way to turn at that intersection.

A few of us plan on riding Sunday, weather permitting. It will likely be a more laid back riding group so come on out and join us if you can.

Oh, MM is going to a winter schedule ie...no more Friday openings. Sat/Sun only until spring.

-Lee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:19 am 
GOR Assisted Living

Thanks, Lee! ::up::

Best,
- c bob

Thanks to: Mika Metals, Twin Air, Scott, ZeaVision . . . . ><>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:43 pm 
C - class
C - class

It turns out MM had lots of folks calling to ride on Fridays. The Owner was thinking no one would be interested in cold Friday rides but they had demand for Friday riding so they were opened on Friday the last 2 weekends. Prolly best if you call ahead and see if they are also open this Friday. The phone# is on their website and Phil plans on being there at the check-in.

I rode on Saturday and the ST trails had minimal riffraff from the snow a few weeks back ie...one can still haul ballz if they are so inclined. Some of the smaller pines are still bent from the snow a few weeks back but they were a minor inconvenience, IMHO.

A few of us are threatening to ride Sat and some others on Sunday. I may/might/possibly go Friday to prune those last 2 trails I haven't ridden in years--Jack Rabbit and Libbys Trail which are off the gas line on the south side of the park---but only IF they are even still part of MM.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:06 am 
C - class
C - class

This is OFF the MotoMtn topic but does anyone know where in Milledgeville the place in this youtube video is? Who would I contact to ride it? Looks like a decent place to spin laps when it's too wet here in Atlanta:

https://youtu.be/wz-axNqWw8U

Thanks,
Lee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:29 pm 
C - class
C - class

Lotta Throttle wrote:
This is OFF the MotoMtn topic but does anyone know where in Milledgeville the place in this youtube video is? Who would I contact to ride it? Looks like a decent place to spin laps when it's too wet here in Atlanta:

https://youtu.be/wz-axNqWw8U

Thanks,
Lee

PM racerx (Anthony)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:17 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Headed up there this Saturday to play in most likely frozen mud. Curious to see how it looks since the last time I was there was 2012:

Hebrews 12: 1-2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:41 pm 
C - class
C - class

KBro--Thanks! I DM'd your guy last night and hope to hear back.

Nobody--Great song mix. The main loops are still like they were--fast and hilly. I noticed that someone does some light grading from time to time but other than that the loops require little maintenance. If i were a quad dude I'd love to blast the underworld out of the B and C loop's large wall berms.

The Single Track trails (ST is for bikes only) are what require frequent walking and pruning/chainsaw maintenance. I still have signage work that could be done on them but most folks I've met already know where the ST's are. All are beat in well enough now to not need signage along the trails, just at the trail heads.

You should go Saturday. Rain, sleet or snow cant stop a quad man ::up::

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:58 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Lotta Throttle wrote:
KBro--Thanks! I DM'd your guy last night and hope to hear back.

Nobody--Great song mix. The main loops are still like they were--fast and hilly. I noticed that someone does some light grading from time to time but other than that the loops require little maintenance. If i were a quad dude I'd love to blast the underworld out of the B and C loop's large wall berms.

The Single Track trails (ST is for bikes only) are what require frequent walking and pruning/chainsaw maintenance. I still have signage work that could be done on them but most folks I've met already know where the ST's are. All are beat in well enough now to not need signage along the trails, just at the trail heads.

You should go Saturday. Rain, sleet or snow cant stop a quad man ::up::

Thanks! I been a dirt biker for about 6 years now, but my buddy will be back on his quad. It should be an interesting time on the frozen mud!

Hebrews 12: 1-2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:31 pm 
C - class
C - class

Phil from the checkin at MotoMtn texted me and said they are open this Monday MLK Day.
Im traveling so shred trails for me. Enjoy the riding

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:43 pm 
C - class
C - class

MM tomorrow starting at 10 for whomever wants to ride the ST trails with us. I haven't ridden at all this year but if I have any stamina left I'll ride it again on Sunday.

drrick7--you emailed me last month but my reply emails never leave my outbox for some reason. Anyhow, some of us are going to MM tomorrow and plan on hitting every ST trail at MM. Come join us.

Racerx--please email me when you can, I hear you have the 411 on a place I'd like to ride. Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6