Dirt Bike Guide
Reviews
Dealer Guide - our own yellow pages!
Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Just moved to Newnan GA - Looking to find riding friends!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:13 pm 
D - class
D - class

Hi! I just moved to Newnan GA from Florida and I am looking to meet people around my area that ride off road, race Hare Scrambles and Enduro. I rode the Master A Class in FTR.

Shoot me a PM or call or email me. Brad Gustafson. BradG47FL@gmail.com 352-316-4611

Post subject: Re: Just moved to Newnan GA - Looking to find riding friends!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:58 am 
KTM GURU

Welcome to GA and GOR! I imagine you know Jimmy Pitts, Rick Chapple, Peter Magee, and a few others that come up to visit from time to time. Looking forward to meeting you out on the trails one day soon. Sorry we don't have endless sand whoops for you, but I'm pretty sure you won't miss those too much. ::up::

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

If you find yourself going through He11, keep going!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:37 am 
D - class
D - class

Hi Paul! I am friends with both Jimmy and Peter. I keep pestering Jimmy to come up for a weekend of riding. We are all part of Big Scrub Trail Riders.

I am also a customer of yours, bought my 11 300 XC from you and I buy parts and accessories from you. I am making a trip up to see you this Saturday to ride weather permitting.

I've had a few guys respond to this post so hopefully one or more will join me. If not I'll just find someone there at Highland Park that will allow me to tag along.

Thanks,

Brad Gustafson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:40 am 
GOR Assisted Living

Like FTR, our SETRA race season is just getting started. There's Cherokee HS in Greensboro GA on Aug 17 and FTR/SETRA LBJ Enduro in Union SC on Aug 31. If you ride at Town Creek ORV or Durhamtown you'll see similar terrain.
Shameless plug here - http://www.setra.org/SETRAORG/setra-mem ... -form.aspx
or join at the race.

There are enough dual sanction enduros that you can join SETRA and FTR and only make a few trips back to the wasteland, er I mean sunny Florida, for year end award in both.

And if you want to get away during the week . . . . . ::smirk::

But if I go to Highland Park I'll be coming home with a BIG hole in my wallet. I've been in denial for quite a while now.

Welcome to GOR. ::up::

Best,
- c bob

Thanks to: Mika Metals, Twin Air, Scott, ZeaVision . . . . ><>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:10 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Welcome to GOR. My husband and I love in Carrollton and ride at Highland Park most every weekend.

If you're out that way, we typically park near the fence beside the cabins. White F150. Two KTM's. Both numbered 114. Would love to say hi and show you around. I ride about the speed of a peppy turtle, so I typically bring up the rear so as not to slow anyone down!

There is a great group of folks who ride at Highland Park and the trails just keep on getting better and better.

Nice to meet you!

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:16 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Dixie Darlin' wrote:
My husband and I love in Carrollton

LOL that wasn't a typo ~ Dixie and Ken really do love in Carollton ::smirk:: well, pretty much everywhere :D we are always having to tell 'em to get a room!!

Welcome to GOR ~ hope to meet you at HP sometime!

2009 KTM 200 XCW ~ SONNY <3

I do not regret the things I've done... I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:34 pm 
D - class
D - class

Hi Ragamuffin and Dixie Darlin' Will you be at HP this Saturday 7/26 weather permitting? If so, what time will you be there?

FYI, my wife and I work in Carrollton. We both work for a software company named Greenway Healthcare, LLC.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:05 pm 
KTM GURU

BradG47 wrote:
Hi Paul! I am friends with both Jimmy and Peter. I keep pestering Jimmy to come up for a weekend of riding. We are all part of Big Scrub Trail Riders.

I am also a customer of yours, bought my 11 300 XC from you and I buy parts and accessories from you. I am making a trip up to see you this Saturday to ride weather permitting.

Thanks for the business! And definitely get old "Piston" Pitts up here again. ::cheers::

Hope to see you Saturday -

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

If you find yourself going through He11, keep going!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:09 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I need to let Dixie answer for herself, but I'm pretty sure Dixie will be there on Saturday, but they may be doing trailwork. Usually we have trail work day the last Saturday of each month, however I can't make it this Saturday ~ looks like my day at HP will be Sunday this weekend. Does you wife ride? If so, please have her join us ~ if not, please have her join us! :D We have a great group of ladies and we will have her riding in no time! ::up::

I do not regret the things I've done... I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:41 pm 
D - class
D - class

Hi Ragamuffin, my wife Kathy does ride but she rides a quad. I'll get her out there soon. Can't wait to meet you all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:31 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

BradG47 wrote:
Hi Ragamuffin, my wife Kathy does ride but she rides a quad. I'll get her out there soon. Can't wait to meet you all.

::up:: See you both soon!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:03 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

I'll be there Saturday, but I'm just an old FTR Golden Master A rider . . . . 3-4 diamond mostly.

If we can hook up it might be fun. I have a sequence of trails I ride to stay off the perimeter road as much as possible.

Gray 4-Runner w white cargo trailer. KTM 150

Best,
- c bob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:56 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

::smirk:: yes we do love in Carrollton (or anywhere else we can)...but we live in Carrollton as well!

I know some folks at Greenway. Heard it's a great place to work. I'm with Superior Recreational Products (playground manufacturer) in the Design Center off Columbia Drive.

Ken and I will be at HP on Saturday for a trail workday. Starts at 7:00 AM and we will finish up about 12:30 or 1:00 PM, depending on when we can drag Paul out of the woods. Some folks will ride afterward...but I think Ken and I will probably come back Sunday for a ride. I like to start early - especially in the heat.

If you'd like to come meet a few folks and don't have an aversion to some manual labor (and crude humor), come join us for the workday. They are always lots of fun. We work pretty hard, but have a great time. I enjoy them nearly as much as riding out there. Plus it pays $50 in "HP Bucks" which spends just like cash at Highland Park. We will meet right in front of the shop at about 6:45 or so - work truck will pull out at 7AM. We start early in the Summer months to get a jump on the heat. Workdays are the last Saturday of every month. Advised to wear long pants, comfortable shoes or boots, bring some sunscreen, bug spray and gloves.

AND - food for thought for the following weekend - there is a Fun Ride at Highland Park on Saturday August 2nd. There's another thread on it here on GOR, but there are going to be prizes and free food at lunch. Then folks are headed to Cedartown to watch The Penton Story at 3:00. That will be followed by dinner at the Border Mexican Restaurant at 5:00. It will be a great weekend. Hope y'all can make it. If you think you can, there's a link in that other thread for the tickets. They need to be reserved in advance.

We'd love to see you both out there and show you why we love Highland Park so much. There are lots of trails that quads can go on as well as bikes, so we can all ride together. And we have a great hookup for a training spot if your wife thinks she might like to try out two wheels. The American Honda Complex in Alpharetta has MSF classes. They have a ladies only class called Dirt n the Skirt. That's where several of us started with bikes. Great program. Great instructors. Affordable. April Eisenacher is in charge of the programs there and she can hook you up! http://www.offroad-training.org/

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:44 pm 
D - class
D - class

I think I'll meet you Saturday morning, ready to work. It will give me an opportunity to meet the folks that help HP be so successful. I've done LOTS of trail work with my club in FL in preparation of the Hare Scrambles and Enduros we promoted so I know the drill. I will bring my bike with riding in mind afterwards. I'd love to do that ride/movie outing but its my wife's birthday on 8/2 and we have family coming to visit. 52 weeks in a year and HP picks that weekend? Oh' well. I'll see you Saturday morning.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:59 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

Seriously? You're not taking your wife to the FTR Banquet for her birthday? ::duh::

Maybe I'll catch you with a shovel. Try not to swing it at me. ::paranoia::

Best,
- c bob