Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Moving to Warner Robins in December
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:10 pm 
D - class
D - class

Location: Eglin, FL for a few more months, then off to Warner Robins area!
Thanks Ole DJ on the welcome :) We'll definitely be making it up to Wrens to ride! While the husband seems to find one favorite track, my favorite is riding new places every weekend.

That KTM pedi is cute! ::applause:: I just did orange and black stripes. I think I have some lessons to learn from you 1L!
I'm relocating from FL but we're originally from Michigan and still go up there to ride a month out of the summer. And while I like to think I'm OK in the sand I'm not sure if whoops are my thing yet! I'm still getting used to the stiffer suspension on my KTM. I came off of a yz125 and a kx250f. Both of those were sooo much softer!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:22 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

I think I speak for all of GOR when I say we are all very happy to get a different Michelle around here! ::yippie:: The old one is well-known in the dirtbiking community, she's good people 'n all, but she's just old. Need some fresh blood around here.

There's a Tommy in Warner Robbins that is one heck of a dirtbike rider. I mean that joker can scoot! I believe he works in aviation mechanicals stuff down there so maybe ya'lls paycheck has the same signature on it?. I think his GOR name is Froggy, maybe he'll chime in. Welcome. ::up::

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:45 pm 
B - class
B - class

Welcome. Im new to the site and Warner Robins as well. Just moved here back in August from Korea and I was living in Valparaiso, FL before there. Which one of you is military?

Only trail I have been to so far is Paradise and the trails are pretty good there. Just watch out for stumps, they like to jump out and bite ya :/

I am also stuck on if I want to stay with MX or switch to HS/GNCC.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:27 pm 
D - class
D - class

that_ef wrote:
Welcome. Im new to the site and Warner Robins as well. Just moved here back in August from Korea and I was living in Valparaiso, FL before there. Which one of you is military?

Only trail I have been to so far is Paradise and the trails are pretty good there. Just watch out for stumps, they like to jump out and bite ya :/

Hey! We have a ton in common! We live on Eglin at the moment. My husband is the one in the military (Air Force). He almost signed up for the year in Korea but applied for a job at Robins instead. I think it's funny you mentioned stumps. We were trail riding yesterday on some single tracks and I totally took on a stump! I have a nice softball sized lump on my shin to prove it! Lol

I think you should just do all the different types of races! I'm pretty sure that's what we're going to do. I like trail riding but after 3 hours of both tires on the ground (for the most part) I'm ready to hit up some jumps this weekend! Can you ad people as friends on here? I'll probably go find out after I'm done with this. It would be nice to find people to car pool with to some of the farther tracks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:15 am 
D - class
D - class

that_ef wrote:

Hey this is michelles husband. I worked with you at the 1st. Hill from S/M. Semetna said you got a quad again. You gotta get a bike dude. We will have to go riding though thats for sure. How are you liking it up there. I'm going Depot/ABDR when I get up there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:06 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Welcome.Setra is having a hare scramble in Perry just down from Warner Robins on 12/9 and 2/24 maybe you can make one of those

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:08 pm 
B - class
B - class

KTMichelle wrote:
that_ef wrote:

Hey this is michelles husband. I worked with you at the 1st. Hill from S/M. Semetna said you got a quad again. You gotta get a bike dude. We will have to go riding though thats for sure. How are you liking it up there. I'm going Depot/ABDR when I get up there.

That's nuts haha. I got to thinking after I read this about it being you. Chae told me you got orders here. Its not bad here. Im over at the 461st on the jstars. The base is retarded as far as how its setup but you get used to it.

Don't think ill be getting a bike, haha. Have my car to finish up and then the quad setup with whatever path I go with it. Thinking about just sticking to mx, but we will see. I need to hit up some tracks.

Hit me up on FB or something some time and we will have to go ride. Anthony Paul on FB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:36 pm 
GOR Pro
GOR Pro

I figured it had to be you having a EF hatch and all. I finally got my own name now. Michelle found this site and is stoked on how many tracks there are in the area. A friend from hurby went and raced at the Vurb moto classic and didn't realize how close robins to that race. We already planning a trip to Atlanta supercross in febuary. Strack and few guys are gonna come up and go. Smentna is getting his bike down here in a few weeks when his family comes down!

When I get up there I'll help you out with the quad! I miss quads but they are way to expensive to get into compared to bikes. I just picked up a 07 ktm 200xcw thats plated and I want to get the suspension set up for mx. I think it will be a fun do-all bike. You never see 2 strokes on the road ::yippie::

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:27 am 
B - class
B - class

underworld yeah, ill be down for that. And yeah, it is true that quads are more expensive to get em set up right for what you want. But I cannot get rid of my four wheels couch, im just at home on it. Smentna still have his 400sm?

My buddy Dave is planning a trip up this way to Durhamtown some time in the next couple months. He knows Adam Rickert (idk how to spell his last name, he's a GAC or Comm/Nav guy). But hopefully by the time they get up here ill have my quad ready to go again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:02 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Nice to meet you all. And welcome (almost) to GA. My husband and I live in west GA (Carrollton) and Highland Park is our second home. If you guys ever get to this neck of the woods, we would love to show you around. The terrain and the people are top notch!

We also love to go to Dennis' place in Wrens. It's another amazing place with great folks too!

Looking forward to talking more with you guys, and hopefully riding with you one of these days.

Take care!

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:49 am 
D - class
D - class

I'm excited to try out Highland Park! It looks huge! We will definitely be up that way sometime. Hopefully I'll be a little better at dodging trees by then! Lol