Create Your Badge

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:23 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

What inspires you to ride/race?
Well about 10 years ago my neighbor got a CR 80, and i rode it one time, then it was on like donkey kong.

What do you ride, and if orange, WHY?!?!?!?
I will ride whatever i can throw a leg over, except horses im terrified of them
What lead you to GOR!?!?
hm, been a while
Where are you located?
The big city of newnan,ga

Where do you like to ride/race?
Big Cedar, Crisscross, HP,
Why is KTMBob the favorite target among the smacktalkers?
I have never seen him, maybe he is faster than i and i dont see him because i cant catch him?
And who DON'T you like to ride with and why???
Fourwheelers
Helmetcams?
I would like to get one, but i think it would stay in the dirt most of the time.
4x4 trucks?
I had one, sold it, wish i had it back everyday.
Street bikes?
Would love to have one, but it would have to be a Ducati 1098!
The second amendment?
Everyone has the right to bear a set of bear arms on there wall.
C'mon, lets hear all the dirt on ya...
Im just a poor little boy, lost from home.

Post subject: Re: Another new one, for the new (and old) folks!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:16 pm 
D - class
D - class

My name is jeff ponder.I dont race but i hav a 11yr old son named zack that races gncc,setra,mideast,etc. we live in ft inn sc. he rides a ktm65 rite now but this is the last yr on 65s so who knows what the future color will be.sonny morabito is the one who rides with him the most but he gets around!!!! yamaha guys are ryan belue,jason raines,all the ampro guys with randy hawkins have kinda adopted him into there circle which says alot about them.and on the ktm side he gets to ride with the baylor boys,jon michael rainey and whoever is at the baylors tht paticular day!thanks to people like sonny,belues,&baylors we hav ben accepted into this wonderful offroad racen family. We heard about this site frm jim belue which i think knows dennis johnson.well thats about it i hope i done this rightbut if i didnt im sure i will hear about it!!!thanks to sonny morabito with xtreme custom&cycles&century plastics for all the support u give zman. Also thanks for allowing us to be a part of gor.c everyone at the races

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:24 pm 
Sasquatch Teddybear

zman55 wrote:
My name is jeff ponder.I dont race but i hav a 11yr old son named zack that races gncc,setra,mideast,etc. we live in ft inn sc. he rides a ktm65 rite now but this is the last yr on 65s so who knows what the future color will be.sonny morabito is the one who rides with him the most but he gets around!!!! yamaha guys are ryan belue,jason raines,all the ampro guys with randy hawkins have kinda adopted him into there circle which says alot about them.and on the ktm side he gets to ride with the baylor boys,jon michael rainey and whoever is at the baylors tht paticular day!thanks to people like sonny,belues,&baylors we hav ben accepted into this wonderful offroad racen family. We heard about this site frm jim belue which i think knows dennis johnson.well thats about it i hope i done this rightbut if i didnt im sure i will hear about it!!!thanks to sonny morabito with xtreme custom&cycles&century plastics for all the support u give zman. Also thanks for allowing us to be a part of gor.c everyone at the races

Hey Jeff..Dennis Johnson here..welcome to GOR..and I'd like to invite you down to Wrens Ga. to ride with us anytime! Randy and all the boys will be here next week..can't wait. They are special people.I'd love to have your son ride at my place..kids are the future. Anything that I can do for you or your son...just let me know. Consider you and your family to have a open invitation to my place. Looking forward to meeting yall. DENNIS

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:05 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Let's hear your life story- What inspires you to ride/race?
My whole family grew up racing enduros. Im self motivated with my riding and racing. The only way to make your self better is YOU pushing yourself.

What led you to GOR?
Scott Greer ::smirk::

What do you ride,
2006 CRF250r... and i have a Orange 200
and if orange, WHY?!?!?!?
Bought the 200 for 1000 dollars. :D

Where are you located?
Dalton, GA(little mexico)

Where do you like to ride/race?
Anywhere.

Why is KTMBob the favorite target among the smacktalkers?
I guess he lets it get to him to much kinda like hoppy ::rofl::

Who do you like to ride with?
Friends or anybody who wants to ride.

And who DON'T you like to ride with and why???
People that complain.

Any special interests?
Racing, Hunting thats about all i do.

Helmetcams?
Sure would like one.

4x4 trucks?
Chevy 1500

Street bikes?
Heck NO

The second amendment?
Thats right.

Roosting your riding buddies?
haha dont follow to close ::smirk::

Trying to become faster than that old grey guy (cough Paul Wright cough) ???
Already am :D

C'mon, lets hear all the dirt on ya...
Daddys belt fixes that.

Step on in, the water's fine.
Just a little shy sometimes ::paranoia::

:D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:25 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

Trey doesn't talk much in person. That little 250F screams it's lungs out though ::shocked:: ::cheers::

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:32 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Your makin me blush ::rollieyes:: haha

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:57 am 
C - class
C - class

I joined back in 2008, so that's cool. I was living in Glynn county and looking for places to ride. I had to sell my bike in 2009 and recently was able to get another. Both where/are a Honda CRF230L, I love that bike.
I really like exploring old railbeds, I like the history and the mystery. My bike is more like my trusty stead to go exploring with.
I don't have a truck, I do like GoPro's and I do photography/video work.
I learned to ride when I was 29 and quickly fell in love with off road riding. It was a total "where have you been all my life?" kind of experience. I'd like to ride in an Enduro one day, that would be awesome.
I'm so happy (and lucky) to have my bike back and some land do play on.
So hello everybody ::cheer::

Last edited by fuscia on Fri May 06, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:59 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

My neighbor has 40 acres of woods that he has let me cut in several miles of tight singletrack. I used to ride it on the KX 310 regularly, and several times I even rode the old Yamaha 465 back there, although it is a bit too tight for a big two-stroke like that. It is my go to spot for Mountain biking these days. It needs mild trail maintenance, mostly just picking up some branches. If you want to spend an hour to help with that, then several hours riding, with instruction /Critiquing, that might be workable !

John 3:16 John 14:6
GARTRA Member
'03 KX250/310 #95
'01 KX500 #10

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:07 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

Bring the youngster and make a family event out of it!

GARTRA Member
'03 KX250/310 #95
'01 KX500 #10

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:57 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

fuscia wrote:
But where to play? It's not like SE GA where there was a lot of places to ride, or it seemed that way. Plus, how hard can I play on a 230L? Must I buy a truck and a legit bike to do this? Where does the money come from to do these things? Uber driving?
A truck or even a car with a class II hitch and small lightweight trailer will take you places faster and with less wear & tear.

Uber? Back in the day I fantasized knocking over liquor stores to feed my habit . . . . . ::duh::

My goal is to try and ride in the Cherokee this year, but I might need to put it off until next year.
SAY IT AIN'T SO! You won't find an enduro closer or more convenient, and being a National you only need to ride 4 sections for C, 60+, 66+ and C Women's classes, maybe 40-45 miles. Next year you might have to go the full length (65-70). ::eek::

Still, with my trusty dual sport, I can ride the back roads to Town Creek, ride the gravel roads around here, or just play on my own land. But if you don't have land where do you ride? Does every one trailer their bikes up to N GA? I wish there was more public land.
Worse, if you don't have a buddy to chase can you still have fun? I know a guy. He's in Wrens . . . .

Just don't ride your bike to the enduro without refueling when you get there. Been there, forgot to do that.

My goal is to go out west to Colorado and disappear on some single track to no where. :D
Trans America Trail? ::yippie::

Thanks to: Mika Metals, Twin Air, Scott, ZeaVision . . . . ><>

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:50 pm 
C - class
C - class

I thought maybe my post was dumb.
Anyway.......
I'd like to help you with your land clearing effort.
I just got some proper boots, I've never worn MX boots, and now I feel like I have no idea how to ride anymore

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:24 pm 
C - class
C - class

So if I showed up to the Cherokee with my linda 230L and just kind of took my time, would they just ask me to leave? Would they even let me ride in it on that bike? Do people ever show up with retro 70's enduro bikes?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:30 pm 
C - class
C - class

Joe Reitman wrote:
My neighbor has 40 acres of woods that he has let me cut in several miles of tight singletrack. I used to ride it on the KX 310 regularly, and several times I even rode the old Yamaha 465 back there, although it is a bit too tight for a big two-stroke like that. It is my go to spot for Mountain biking these days. It needs mild trail maintenance, mostly just picking up some branches. If you want to spend an hour to help with that, then several hours riding, with instruction /Critiquing, that might be workable !

Let me know about that ::up::

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:16 am 
GOR Assisted Living

Suzy, you can contact me by email or the phone number in my email signature. Just let me know a couple weekends you, your hubby and your young one are available and we will coordinate

GARTRA Member
'03 KX250/310 #95
'01 KX500 #10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:21 am 
C - class
C - class

Let's hear your life story- What inspires you to ride/race? What led you to GOR? What do you ride, and if orange, WHY?!?!?!?
I have ridden endure bikes since ~age 9 with my dad in predominately central Mississippi, North MS, and West TN (trail riding, hare scrambles). Went to college and did not have the time/money to support my habit. Graduated, got a job, got the bikes ready, and taught the Wife to ride, am now enjoying this great sport again ::yippie::

Where are you located? Where do you like to ride/race? Why is KTMBob the favorite target among the smacktalkers?
Relocated to Warner Robins Feb 2016 for work from Mississippi and am currently dual sporting around looking for riding areas. I prefer to ride tight single track and hills, but am happy to ease around on flat ground and play on logs or tricky areas and work on slow riding skills. Lately I have been practicing cross training techniques which I just discovered and recommend for anyone (check out Youtube crosstraining.) I personally am not familiar with KTMBob, but have a standing theory on why he is a frequent target. Much like the color red incites anger in a bull towards a matador, the color orange incites complex emotions in the non KTM riders which many struggle to comprehend, causing them to resort to lashing out in the form of " Smack Talk." (Disclaimer: this research has not been reviewed by a committee of field experts and should thus be taken only as an educated opinion.)

Who do you like to ride with? And who DON'T you like to ride with :D and why??? :lol:
I will ride with anyone! I can hang with all but the best and go slow enough to ride with my wife or anyone else who just started or has no desire to go fast. As long as you follow some basic trail etiquette, or are willing to take direction and learn it when we ride together we will have an awesome time. I feel that trail etiquette is very important as it becomes more and more difficult to find riding areas. Maintaining a positive image and knowing how to conserve our current riding areas will be a huge factor in the future of our sport. That said we all just want to have a good time, and all have room to learn and improve.

Any special interests? Helmetcams? 4x4 trucks? Street bikes? The second amendment? Roosting your riding buddies? Trying to become faster than that old grey guy (cough Paul Wright cough) ???
I will likely get a helmet cam setup going in the next couple months as I start riding more. I also have a 78 Corvette with a 454 swapped in I like to tool around with as a long term project.

C'mon, lets hear all the dirt on ya... :o :)
My current goals are:
Find riding areas close to Warner Robins
Head to Durham town and highland park
Get my wife geared up and riding confidently
Lorreta Lynn's spring trail ride
hang out with some of the awesome GOR people!

Long term goals:
Hit Moab Utah
Hit the dunes, probably Glamis
Run the Baja 1000 race (thanks to the movie "On any Sunday")

Step on in, the water's fine. Don't be a lurker, sign on up and share some of yourself, and make a couple new friends in the process. :D