Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Enduro rankings
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:22 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I was wondering if someone could explain the ranking system to me? I can't figure out how someone that is almost half my age and finishes 2 places better than me(he actually won the class) in an Open class now has a ranking that qualifies him for an age "C" class and I am ranked in my age class on the "B" level. How does that work? I am having difficulty understanding that. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Enduro rankings
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:46 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

The winner in Enduro Open B raced 7 events for 6 race credits, the maximum.
2nd and 3rd place riders raced 5 events and carried DNFs (0) toward their season finish. Effectively they had 4 and 3 real scores.
It's all a matter of numbers (obviously). To win it's essential to race a full season. A rider doesn't have to be good to win a season but he does need to show up and race. The winner did that and raced enough to drop his only DNF.

The 3rd place racer played it smart by working a race. With just mediocre 4th place finishes and no DNFs he would easily have won the class. Working a race is the key.

Now for rankings . . . . DNFs don't figure in the rankings. Finishes fall where they fall. In Nationals riders earn a ranking if they complete 4 sections (or whatever the C cutoff is). Oh, and riders are ranked against all riders, not just SETRA. So at a National you can expect poor rankings if you're not up at Pro or AA level (or even upper A).

In your age group you were ranked 55+B class. There is no 55+C class but if there was I believe you'd qualify for it.

Does that help?

Best,
- c bob
SETRA Enduro Scorekeeper

Thanks to: Mika Metals, Twin Air, Scott, ZeaVision . . . . ><>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:55 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

No, not really. My question wasn't how does somebody win the class, it was how does someone win the class and still have a "C" class ranking and the person who finishes 3rd in the class end up with a " B" ranking?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:42 am 
GOR Assisted Living

Bultacodude wrote:
. . . . how does someone win the class and still have a "C" class ranking and the person who finishes 3rd in the class end up with a " B" ranking?
Because of the age groups. Each age group (30,40,45,50) has it's own A-B-C sub-grouping, except 55 and 60 which has A-B grouping only. If there was a 55+C you'd be in it.

Despite being in the 55+ group you can still race a C class if you qualify by cutoff and age. 200C, Open C and 45+C didn't have 5 races to qualify for year end and with your ranking you qualify for any of those.

AMA has their own ranking system, independent of SETRA's, and they have you ranked in 'OR B'. At an AMA National you'll need to race in a B class (nothing I can do about that). IF YOU NOTIFY THE SETRA SCOREKEEPER BEFORE THE NATIONAL you'll still be credited in your SETRA racing class. You can also appeal to the AMA to try and get re-certified in 'OR C'. You have enough racing history this is a possibility.

A rider can check his AMA status here -
http://results.americanmotorcyclist.com ... F02%2F2017

Best,
- c bob

Thanks to: Mika Metals, Twin Air, Scott, ZeaVision . . . . ><>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:33 pm 
C - class
C - class

Bultacodude wrote:
I was wondering if someone could explain the ranking system to me? I can't figure out how someone that is almost half my age and finishes 2 places better than me(he actually won the class) in an Open class now has a ranking that qualifies him for an age "C" class and I am ranked in my age class on the "B" level. How does that work? I am having difficulty understanding that. Thanks.

The winner of open B was ranked lower than the winner of 30+C. not sure how that plays into things, but it makes sense mathmatically.