Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stolen bikes and truck from Bremen 4/11/16
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:28 pm 
C - class
C - class

My wife and I stopped by an antique shop leaving Bremen 4/11/16. While inside and in he span of about 10 minutes from last checking on them, my 2006 silver Dodge Dakota TRX Quad Cab had the left rear passenger door window broken and truck with 2015 KTM 350 SXF and 2015 Kawasaki KLX 140L in the back locked down, gone. Parked in front of the store in perfect view of security camera. 3 young blacks, wearing hoodies driving a black Dodge truck are the perps. Bremen Police are on it but please bolo.

2015 Kawasaki KLX 140L is stock except for the seat being shaved down. Last five of the VIN is 16551

2015 KTM 350 SXF has Flexx Bars, Race Tech suspension, Renthal twin ring black rear sprocket, TM Designs orange chain guide, orange billet rear brake pedal tip and oil fill plug. Last five of the VIN is 20547

Attachments:
IMG_1403.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG [ 60.97 KiB | Viewed 1303 times ]
IMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1357.JPG [ 71.71 KiB | Viewed 1304 times ]

Last edited by tampabayjay on Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Stolen bikes and truck from Bremen 4/11/16
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:16 pm 
KTM GURU

Man o man I hate a thief. We will be watching for your bikes at HP and KTM World. Maybe we'll get lucky.
::mad::

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:29 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

darn man. That's terrible. Sorry to hear that. I will keep a look out for you. If they do catch them please let me know if they find a 2014 KTM 300XC. It was stolen from us at Highland Park which is not too far from Bremen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:09 pm 
C - class
C - class

Thanks guys, this was after a great day at Highland Park. Love that place!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:20 pm 
C - class
C - class

Truck found 4 days later on Allene Ave. in Atlanta. Cleaned out. 2 full gear bags, tool box, boots, helmets, wifes purse and bikes still MIA. We got lazy for about 15 minutes by not keeping a sharp eye on our stuff and this is the result.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:33 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

tampabayjay wrote:
Truck found 4 days later on Allene Ave. in Atlanta. Cleaned out. 2 full gear bags, tool box, boots, helmets, wifes purse and bikes still MIA. We got lazy for about 15 minutes by not keeping a sharp eye on our stuff and this is the result.

darn. Hate to hear that man.

Makes me wonder if its the same guys that hit us at Highland Park since they are obviously out of Atlanta. Bikes are probably being ridden around one of the neighborhoods there in downtown. ::rant::

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:55 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

So, if your truck was found in Atlanta, and your bikes were not, and this event happened in Atlanta below and more than likely involved a stolen dirtbike, and our bikes got stolen from Highland Park and a witness said he believes he saw the bikes on a truck headed toward I-20 after the theft, and you had your bikes and truck were stolen after leaving Highland Park, I am beginning to think that your bikes and our bikes could very well be on the southwest side of Atlanta somewhere.

I am going to see if there is a way to get my hands on the police report from this incident and then visit the neighborhood from where the victim came from (especially if the report says the bike was stolen).

The police will never do anything to recover our losses unless it falls into their laps. There is just too much crime to really investigate thefts. Especially in Atlanta.

Perhaps you could talk to your investigator to see if he can get the police report for this incident below to look for links and clues.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/ ... n-a/nqnrp/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:22 am 
C - class
C - class

If you want to get good and p.o'd, check out #atlbikelife on Instagram. I just watched a vid of some p.o.s. riding my wife bike on the streets of Atlanta 2 days ago! They're bragging on IG about 300 bikes this weekend riding around causing mayhem and APD and GSP are doing nothing about it! Dirt bikes and 4 wheelers out on 285!

The incident referenced above is also mentioned in one of their posts on IG with their retort, "ain't like we out here committing murder" BIKELIFE_BOOG was the one who died in this one. BTW, this bike was stolen from CYSP in Fayetteville.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:01 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

tampabayjay wrote:
If you want to get good and p.o'd, check out #atlbikelife on Instagram. I just watched a vid of some p.o.s. riding my wife bike on the streets of Atlanta 2 days ago! They're bragging on IG about 300 bikes this weekend riding around causing mayhem and APD and GSP are doing nothing about it! Dirt bikes and 4 wheelers out on 285!

The incident referenced above is also mentioned in one of their posts on IG with their retort, "ain't like we out here committing murder" BIKELIFE_BOOG was the one who died in this one. BTW, this bike was stolen from CYSP in Fayetteville.

You've got to be kidding. Are you certain it was her bike? What gave it away?

I'm going to scour the IG #atlbikelife to see if I can see my brothers 300XC.

If you see one that has an Orange Trail Tech bar riser for an undermounted steering stabilizer and/or a tall SDG seat on it (flat as a board across the top), let me know please.

Have you shown that IG video to the investigator?

That has got to be the worst, knowing that your bike is in a certain area but not be able to figure out exactly where.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:54 pm 
D - class
D - class

A lot of nice bikes in those videos. All of them purchased legally I'm sure..... ::rollieyes::
Atlanta looks like a great place to live these days....NOT!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:34 pm 
C - class
C - class

Great news! Got a call from Bremen Police this afternoon...it was my wife bike and it has been recovered in Atlanta! Going to pick it up in the a.m. Still looking for the KTM...don't want the gear back!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:36 pm 
C - class
C - class

You've got to be kidding. Are you certain it was her bike? What gave it away?

The Barkbusters and the cut out seat! It's heading home though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:29 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

tampabayjay wrote:
Great news! Got a call from Bremen Police this afternoon...it was my wife bike and it has been recovered in Atlanta! Going to pick it up in the a.m. Still looking for the KTM...don't want the gear back!

That's great news man. How did it get recovered? You've got to share the details.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:03 am 
C - class
C - class

So after paying $265 to the impound lot, I got to see what was left of a brand new Kawasaki. I've been riding dirt bikes for over 40 years and I have never seen a bike in this bad of condition. It looks like it's had the bag beat out of it for 10 years and no maintenance. Bald tires, chain and sprockets trashed, bars bent, levers broken, plastics all destroyed...just a guess at the engine internals. All done in a weeks time. Turns out the city of Atlanta didn't bother to notify the BPD for 5 days, costing me an extra $75 in storage fees at the impound lot. Still don't have the details of how APD found it, hopefully an arrest was made or someone is in the hospital from trying to run. Attached is a screenshot from the video I watched with a Atlanta native on my wifes bike.

Attachments:
swoog.jpg
swoog.jpg [ 45.32 KiB | Viewed 1304 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:48 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

tampabayjay wrote:
So after paying $265 to the impound lot, I got to see what was left of a brand new Kawasaki. I've been riding dirt bikes for over 40 years and I have never seen a bike in this bad of condition. It looks like it's had the bag beat out of it for 10 years and no maintenance. Bald tires, chain and sprockets trashed, bars bent, levers broken, plastics all destroyed...just a guess at the engine internals. All done in a weeks time. Turns out the city of Atlanta didn't bother to notify the BPD for 5 days, costing me an extra $75 in storage fees at the impound lot. Still don't have the details of how APD found it, hopefully an arrest was made or someone is in the hospital from trying to run. Attached is a screenshot from the video I watched with a Atlanta native on my wifes bike.

That's so freagin sad. Im glad you at least recovered one, but its straight up BS that YOU have to PAY out of your pocket to recoveryour STOLEN bike. WTF is up with that?