Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: $1,000 reward for STOLEN YZ450F AND KX250F NEWNAN/PEACHTREE
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:27 pm 
C - class
C - class

Guys, I just joined and have never read this forum before today. However, unfortunately i now know how it feels to have your bikes and part of your heatr stolen from you! ::mad::

This new years eve morning both my sons KX250F (2006 green and balck of course but had monster graphics and red rims) and my YZ450F (2007 blue and white of course with various stickers, blue vortex sprocket, gold DID chain, and BLUE rear spring) were stolen off of my trailer where they were locked but not locked well enough!

I live in the Newnan Peachtree City area and am offering a $1,000 reward for any information leading to the return of my sons bike.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I have posted several flyers int he area, emialed everyone i know with pics and even gone out driving with phots and my business card.

Thankk you,
Mark 678 206 3876

Post subject: Re: $1,000 reward for STOLEN YZ450F AND KX250F NEWNAN/PEACHTREE
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:49 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Glad to see ya over here from GA packing, too bad its for this!!

Post some pics if you havr them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:53 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Mark, I hate to hear that and what a crappy way to start the new year.

If you can send some pics my way, I'll definitely keep an eye out since I'm in the Newnan area too. I'll be happy to host them and post them on this thread too for others.

My e-mail is my username 'at' gmail.com.

Dan

Mine: 09 DL650, 08 WR250R, 98 DR650, 01 FZ1
Hers: 13 CRF250L, 12 Duc 696, 06 F650GS, 06 XT225

My Pictures - http://www.bluelghtning.smugmug.com
$5 coupon off SmugMug (Y2l43o9LVBERU)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:25 pm 
D - class
D - class

Hey this is a long shot but i need to mention it.

I was in East Atlanta on the evening of Jan 1, at intersection of Flat Shoals and Fayetteville Rd. Noticed 2 guys on bikes riding on the road; nice clean looking recent model KX F Monster graffics and Blue YZ F with a lot of stickers. They were sitting at a light, waiting on cross traffic, ran red light and tore off up the road. Didn't notice much else other than they were wearing helmets, no goggles.

Its fairly common to see MX bikes on road or sidewalk in that area of the hood, usually no helmet and likely not the lawful owner. The police always ignore them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:44 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I realize it's after the fact, but to all those who still have your bikes you can buy theft insurance along with liability for about $70 a year. THIS IS CHEAP! If you don't believe me ask Manhammer.....
This is who I get mine through. I have to go this route since I live in Alabama, but there is a local GA insurance agent for this company that other folks on GOR have used and his name escapes me at the moment. really nice guy.

http://www.amig.com/motorcycle_atv.html

YZ250
450 EXC
DRZ 400S
http://www.highlandparkresort.com
http://www.ridgeriding.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:39 pm 
C - class
C - class

Guys that is awesome information!!!! One of my bikes the YZ450F was recovered. But I totally believe that what icall2000 said was absolutley accurate. I will head over to thsi area tomorrow to look for my KX. The police arrested a Demonte Jackon who was riding near Moreland and Confederate I believe on Jan 2. He is in jail and I was given his address by accident. He tried to run and a member of the night hawk division was able to catch him.

I went to his home, Demonte Jackson lives at 3387 River Run TRL in Decatur GA 30034 and meet one his family members. Long story short I told her if I did not get my other bike back I would work to keep her uncle in jail as long as possible. I also knocked on several ther doors on the street with pictures and told them which neighbor was the theif.

My YZ had been run VERY hard and nasty in the short 48 hours they had it. I can tell it had been dropped or crashed on both sides and they apparently did multiple burnouts as my brand new MX51s are completey toast.

The coweta co sherrifs department as well as the night Hawk guys in Atlanta have done an awesome job with this and desrve a ton of praise!!!!!!!!

Unfortunatley my sons KX is still missing and probably F up by now but I will continue to hope for the best! This has been an incredibly bad experience but I TRUELY appreciate the help you guys have given!!!!

Call me if you like for more details. Mark 678 206 3876

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:44 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

WOW ::shocked:: You got bigger kahunas than anyone I know.

Glad you got one back.

Any idea how you got so lucky to be picked?

Best,
- c bob

Thanks to: Mika Metals, Twin Air, Scott, ZeaVision . . . . ><>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:59 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

One scumbag in jail. At least that's a positive. Hope you get your KX back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:15 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

There is a riding area/track off Bouldercrest just north of Constitution that I would discretely hang out at. I know a dude that lives right around the corner from there and saw some suspicious individuals riding quads and dike bikes there a few months ago. Head north on Bouldercrest about a half mile past the constitution intersection- on your left. You can see it on google earth or map quest clicking on the satellite view.
I would even walk the trails- maybe they dumped it there, property looks like it owned by city of Atlanta.
Good Luck!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:01 am 
C - class
C - class

I meant to respond to the insurance suggestion. I just changed to Allstate where a buddy of mine Scott Taylor just opened a office in Newnan. We discussed a seperate coverage for the bikes and I got cheap and said "na I keep em locked up 99% of the time". THAT WAS STUPID!!! I have already contacted him about adding this policy as soon as we get everything settled.

For those who dont know most Home Owners policies do not cover "motorized" machines/equipment. I normally keep my locked in the garage locked together as well as to my john deer riding lawn mower. This particular night I had left them on my trailer (locked) as we were heading out early the next morning. Obviously the lock was not enough!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:21 am 
GOR Assisted Living

A buddy of mine went and got his stolen bike out from under the thief's porch in the Bankhead Rd area. Momma didn't even know it was there.

The home owner policy shortcoming has come up several times but it's always good to stress. Image

Does your garage have windows?

I put wax paper on my barn windows - just for that reason.

Still trying to figure out how they singled you out. Image

Best,
- c bob

Thanks to: Mika Metals, Twin Air, Scott, ZeaVision . . . . ><>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:59 pm 
C - class
C - class

How they picked us is driving me crazy too.

New Update - I spent most of the day on of Constitution/Moreland/Flat Shoals/Bouldersrest as well as the trails behind the truck stop. I even walked the trails and saw bike tire tracks. This area is only about 2 miles where Mr Jackson was caught riding on Moreland and Confederate.

The coweat co investigator is going to try to interview him tomorrow morning so hopefully we will find out more then. After speaking with approx 40-50 people today and the information you guys gave me online I am 99.9999999% sure the tracks I saw where those of my bikes. KX is still missing but hopefully the Coweta invsetigator will find out more tomorrow.

Thanks!