Dirt Bike Guide
Reviews
Dealer Guide - our own yellow pages!
Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Women that ride are happy!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:39 pm 
KTM GURU

Make perfect sense to me!

A study commissioned by Harley-Davidson says that women who ride their own motorcycles are happier than women who don't ride.

The study, conducted by Kelton, interviewed 1,013 adult female riders and 1,016 adult female non-riders. "The findings make it clear that riding a motorcycle greatly improves a woman's feelings of overall self-worth," The Motor Co. announced.

More than half of the respondents cited their motorcycle as a key source of happiness, and 74 percent said their lives have improved since they started riding. In addition, they stated that:

They always feel happy (37 percent of rider respondents vs. 16 percent of non-riders);
They always feel sexy (27 percent of rider respondents vs. 7 percent of non-riders); and
They always feel confident (35 percent of rider respondents vs. 18 percent of non-riders).
"Riding a motorcycle is the ultimate form of freedom and self-expression, so it makes sense that women riders are happier in life and, in general, feel more fulfilled," said Claudia Garber, director of women's outreach for Harley-Davidson. "That's why learning to ride a motorcycle is the perfect gift you can give yourself and the best resolution to make for a truly life-changing new year."

Beyond positively impacting a woman's sense of self, the results indicated that motorcycle riding may improve relationships. Women riders reported better communication with their "significant Other" (60 percent of riders vs. 38 percent of non-riders) and better physical intimacy (51 percent of riders vs. 35 percent of non-riders).

"Stress can cause tension between significant others, but since more than a third (34 percent) of women riders report that they now feel less stressed after starting to ride, it's not surprising that 50 percent of them are extremely satisfied with the state of their current relationships," the company stated.

The Harley-Davidson Female Riders Survey was conducted by Kelton, a global insights firm, from May 20 to May 28, 2013, among 1,013 adult American women who ride motorcycles sometimes or regularly, and 1,016 adult American women who never ride motorcycles. Researchers used an email invitation and an online survey.

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Post subject: Re: Women that ride are happy!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:10 pm 
A - class
A - class

You got that right Paul. And thanks to your coaching us ladies on the finer skills of riding we're even HAPPIER!!! Even when we fall down and git dirty ::yippie::

I'm hoping to get up your way to ride my new/used project bike and have my pup chase Glens dog around. Have a Happy New Year to all the HP family! ::cheer::

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:49 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

This is absolutely completely true!! ...and even more so since I got Sonny!! I am happier, have more energy and feel better than I ever remember. Plus I have gained such awesome new friends as a result ::up::

2009 KTM 200 XCW ~ SONNY <3

I do not regret the things I've done... I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:53 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Agree 100%!
:D

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:36 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

You got that right on oh so many levels ::smirk:: !
By the way Paul the suspension tweaking worked nicely. The little Honda definitely felt more balanced. I practiced doing a lot of standing going up hill and as much as possible in general. Felt great and I didn't seem to have to fight it. Just felt smoother. Thanks again!!!

2012 Honda CRF150R #44
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:29 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

And she was really happy too...so was I getting to see my Flipper back on the trails! I grinned all day.

::up::

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:59 pm 
C - class
C - class

I'm happy, but I don't need a study to re-affirm it. But why don't more women ride Enduro? I feel like cinderella in the woods on my beautiful fast horse when I ride ;0)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:58 pm 
A - class
A - class

I hear you and I'll all the way in Savannah! But hey, I'm heading up to Highland Park this Sat to ride in the Ladies Spa Day so why not come and join us? I'd love to ride with another Happy Woman! I'll be up Fri night and camped on the right hand side with a big RV and a couple of Husabergs. Or else PM me I'm always wantin to ride. ::cheer::

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:22 pm 
KTM GURU

Spa Day this Saturday! WooHoooooooooo! Have I got plans for you girls this Spa Day! ::smirk:: ::popcorn::

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:38 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

We have FINALLY run out of paint, so we get to come play int he dirt this weekend! See you Saturday.

: )

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:34 pm 
C - class
C - class

HusabergGal wrote:
I hear you and I'll all the way in Savannah! But hey, I'm heading up to Highland Park this Sat to ride in the Ladies Spa Day so why not come and join us? I'd love to ride with another Happy Woman! I'll be up Fri night and camped on the right hand side with a big RV and a couple of Husabergs. Or else PM me I'm always wantin to ride. ::cheer::

Oh Spa day, where is HighLand Park? The pictures of it look awesome. I'd love to go and meet some lady riders like me, but my range is kind of limited because I don't have a truck or trailer yet.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:38 pm 
KTM GURU

fuscia wrote:
Oh Spa day, where is HighLand Park? The pictures of it look awesome. I'd love to go and meet some lady riders like me, but my range is kind of limited because I don't have a truck or trailer yet.

HP is near Cedartown. You can get directions at http://www.HighlandParkResort.com, just click the directions link at the top of the page.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:48 pm 
A - class
A - class

Fuscia,

Can you borrow one for this Sat and meet us out there? It's really a BLAST and Paul W. is a patient teacher with all of us. It's been 3 years since I've gone to one but I can't wait to see everyone, learn, and have fun. If I recall we normally meet at the KTM building around 10AM after the coffee's kicked in. ::up::

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:46 pm 
C - class
C - class

So what is spa day and why is there a man named Paul there ;0) I sounds like there are riding lessons involved?
Where do you all meet? You said the KTM building, but where is this place? I'll look over the previous posts.
::cheer::
Oh yeah High Land Park ::duh::

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:03 pm 
KTM GURU

fuscia wrote:
So why is there a man...

The women at Spa Day are just too pretty and hot looking in their riding gear, so there has to be one man there to protect them from the other 150 stinky men riding around the park looking for the Spa Day women. ::cheers::
::cheer:: ::cheer:: ::cheer:: ::banana::