Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spa Day Ride Report 5/11/13
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:37 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I know I know ~ I always say I had the most awesome time ever at Highland Park… but today I really had the most awesome time ever at Highland Park :D Today was Spa Day and we only had 4 of us – me, Dixie, Madaline, and Colleen… and although I miss having the rest of my Girlz there, it was really fun having Paul all to ourselves. We headed out and hit the trails and the fun began… By the time we hit T16 I was feeling pretty good ~ Magic Man and I were bonding well. Then we got to that gnarly downhill on T16 and here comes my quote of the day …”I was doing good ~ until I went over the handlebars”... Yep – me and that stupid hill tangled again and it won. Paul was kind enough to point out I landed at the bottom of the tree with the sign that states “inverted aerials prohibited”. Dixie, Madaline and Colleen all rode that hill like pros! We moved on to T15 ~ whew!! We made it all the way through the trail really well until we got to the steep rocky hill near the end. We had to pull up and stop because there were 4 guys in front of us having trouble getting up. After they made it up, Paul walked over and showed us the line to take. Colleen went first but didn’t quite make it up. Next was my turn and I was determined to get up that hill… halfway up I hit a rock that bounced me so hard I completely came off the seat and pegs… but I knew I had to stay in the throttle or it would be bad, so I did ::eek:: I went up the rest of that hill literally laying on my belly on the seat with my legs sticking straight out behind me… I was laughing hysterically imagining what it looked like from below and thinking “ride it out ride it out ride it out” and I made it all the way to the top!! Then both Magic Man and I landed on our bellies on the ground. Next Paul had to ride two rentals up for two guys that couldn’t make it, then it was Dixie and Madaline’s turn ~ those two girls rode up that hill like WOW!! It was awesome!! I could hear Dixie feathering her clutch all the way up like a pro and I was so darn jealous! ::notworthy:: WAY TO GO GIRL!! Then we got all the way to the last hill at the end, I made it all the way to the top then Magic Man decided to stand straight up! I gave him a hard shove and jumped off and he landed on top of the hill ~ upside down on his handle bars!! Remember when you were a kid and you turned your bicycle upside down to work on it? That is exactly the position Magic Man was in! Poor baby ::shocked:: Paul got him turned over and we got him restarted, but I broke the kill switch off ~ I guess if that’s all that got hurt, he and I both are pretty happy. Again, Colleen, Madaline and Dixie all came right on up that hill. I decided after that maybe I was a little too happy to be on the bike after 3 weeks and needed to settle myself down. We hit a couple more trails then Paul announced he was taking us to the track. Dixie and I were not too happy about that at all ~ but we ended up having a blast! I loved it ~ except those big squishy ruts that a friend was kind enough to point out I hollered every time I hit them and those stinkin doubles I can’t make. Other than that I loved it!! Paul had asked us to do at least two laps… Tony ended up having to wave us off the track haha!! For the afternoon session we pretty much repeated the morning – except this time I went down the hill on T16 with no problems and finished up on the track for a really awesome Spa Day!! Thanks again to Paul ::applause:: I wouldn’t be the rider I am if it wasn’t for him… hahaha I’m sure he’s wondering if that was a compliment or not!

2009 KTM 200 XCW ~ SONNY <3

I do not regret the things I've done... I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance!!

Post subject: Re: Spa Day Ride Report 5/11/13
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:59 am 
KTM GURU

Great Spa Day! Good stuff, fun times, lots of laughing, and maybe a little "learnin" too. :)

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

If you find yourself going through He11, keep going!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:30 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Spa Day was great! I think we ALL had a great ride day - i know we sure laughed and cheered most of the day. I just wish more of the crew would have been there...but there's always next time.

And Paul, you're still #1 to me...LOL!

Seriously - thank you again for taking a whole day to work with us. It truly is appreciated more than you realize!

Everything came together Saturday so perfectly...weather, dirt bikes, friends, Spa Day, Ken back on the bike, and an AWESOME day at Highland Park. Being on the bike is good not only for my bones, but it does wonders for my attitude. Especially when it's at one of my favorite places with some of my favorite people!

::up::

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:06 am 
GOR Pro
GOR Pro

Way to go Jackie!!!