Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Suzy Moody's "Girls Only" Class-cx'd being rescheduled
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:08 pm 
Social Butterfly

Edit, sorry due to scheduling conflict, so May 4th is cx'd, they are having to regroup and reschedule, will post new date when finalized.

Suzy asked me to pass this along on GOR incase anyone from the Atlanta area might be interested, apparently she has been talked into holding another Girls Only Riding School for some of the Alabama dirty girls. I don’t know how many were from Alabama, but 11 girls started the Hill Billy Enduro in Clanton, AL(Sept 2012), and it wasn’t a national, in other words, they were mostly locals. ::applause::

Suzy has many accomplishments in the two-wheeled world, both road and off-road type adventures, many championships in the women and men’s classes in road racing, harescrambles and enduros, and also represented the USA women’s team at the ISDE(International Six Day Enduro) in France one year.

When I started riding dirtbikes(early 90’s), she was my idol, there were not many female dirtbike riders/racers back then and she has always been a supporter of females in our sport, she made dirtbike riding look so stinkin’ easy!! Back in 2006, I had the itch to want to actually try an enduro and I attended one of her two day Girls Only clinics that year which gave me confidence in the ability I had at that time and also the knowledge of how to prepare for one, both mechanically(tools/items needed to carry during a race) and physically - and in September 2006, completed my very first enduro from beginning to end, all 78 miles. ::cheers:: I sucked and didn’t know what the heck I was doing, but had fun(for the majority of it anyway!) But, I owe her for some of that persuasion of leading me to my first “real” off road race adventure since I wanted to be like her when I grew up.(still do!)

Anyway, I got to rambling and reminiscing, but wanted to add my personal review and experience. I realize the ATL area has it going on with the HP Spa Day classes, but as mentioned, just passing it along.

Post subject: Re: Suzy Moody's "Girls Only" Class-cx'd being rescheduled
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:55 pm 
C - class
C - class

I'd like to see this happen again