Dirt Bike Guide
Reviews
Dealer Guide - our own yellow pages!
Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My wife metioned going to HP this Saturday(2/2)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:03 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

3 or 4 years ago, my wife got a CRF150 (the trail bike,not the race bike). (It probably has 5 hours on it now.) I have about a mile of trails on my property that max out at about a 2 1/2D by HP standards, that she rides, and she's rode it at War Eagle MX 3 or 4 times.

Out of nowhere she mentions going to HP with me this Saturday.

I figure most, if not all, of the ladies that hang out on GOR are way beyond her skill level. Do any of you think that on an average Saturday, there's a reasonable chance there will be some women there that might: A) let her ride with them. B) Ride easier trails and a less-than-race pace?

She can ride the bike reasonably well, but you can only do so much with 12hp and low grade suspension.

Post subject: Re: My wife metioned going to HP this Saturday(2/2)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:50 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

There are a few women that ride similar machines, and I am sure would love to accommodate your wife. I am not sure if they are riding this weekend, but hopefully they will chime in.

If nothing else, yall can just head on over there and see who she might meet and tag along with.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:17 am 
KTM GURU

Paging all Spa Day girlz...

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

If you find yourself going through He11, keep going!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:08 am 
B - class
B - class

I know Dixie and Ken will be there for sure Saturday. They actually might already be there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:25 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I might make it out there for the afternoon, got some work to do in the am.
You should get her to come out our next Spa Day so she can meet the group. Then she will have plenty of Ladies to meet up and ride with all the time. ::cheer::

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:10 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Now that I know she's remotely interested, I'll pay attention to those notifications, and try to do that. If she knew some people it would really help.

She was already having second thoughts, then she started coming down with a cold yesterday. So she is out for today anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:36 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Sorry to be so late in replying - Ken has had me in the shop doing manual labor...no time to play on the computer!

I just saw your post about her probably not coming today...I'm sorry and I hope she feels better soon. And if she feels better now, come on out!

We are headed out this morning. We will probably roll in around 10. I am meeting a few Spa Day ladies this morning to do some work, but I'm pretty sure we will finish around lunchtime. If so, I plan on riding after lunch. Truthfully, the trails and/or track will probably be slick and a bit muddy after the ground thaws. By lunchtime, the temperature, sunshine and winds should have conditions pretty good!

I'd love to ride with your wife today or anytime. And even when I've entered a race, I don't have a race pace! I think Donna (Flipper) might be out there today too. I'll bet she would like to join us.

Ken and I are in a black Explorer with an open trailer. Both ride KTM's numbered 114. We park in the grassy area between the cabins and the fence.

Hope we see you there!

And the next Spa Day will be the first Saturday in March...so we are a month out. I am certain Spa Day is the most fun you can have on a dirt bike. We laugh and act like fools the whole day...and we learn a lot too.

Also - I can't say enough good things for the classes offered at the American Honda complex in Alpharetta. They have great instructors and the classes are awesome. There is an intro class and also an intro to trails class. Lots of us started with the dirt n' the skirt class. You guys might want to check those out too.

And whenever you make it out there - please look us up. We love meeting and riding with new people. Look for us (I'm usually the one tipped over!) and we will go ride.

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:35 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

My Hubby and I will be headed out in an hour or so to ride this afternoon. I ride a CRF 150R and would be happy to hang with y'all also. I tend to spend time on the track and that's probably where you will find me today. I have purple #44 and flipper on the front plate. It will be my first time on the bike since the 1st of November so I will be taking it easy today. Nothing too crazy.

2012 Honda CRF150R #44
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:41 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I didn't make it out today and probably won't be able to get out tomorrow either ::cry:: Sooooo that means I'm definitely planning to get out next Saturday. Please give us a holler if your wife decides she wants to come out next weekend... We have all levels of riders in our group of girlz and that's never stopped us from riding all day and having loads of fun!!! AND yes - be sure she makes it out to Spa Day ::up::

2009 KTM 200 XCW ~ SONNY <3

I do not regret the things I've done... I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Thanks all. I'll definitely work on getting her up there.

Dixie, I'm pretty sure I saw you coming out when I was going to talk to Barry. Based on your avatar picture. I was in a red F150 Crew Cab, and Cahoona was there in his red Chevy.

flipper, we did not get out to the track.

It was cold and slick this morning with all the frost heave. Then it melted and was wet and slick!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:02 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Sorry I missed you! After we finished up with what we were working on, it was gettin'a bit late and the sky was darkening up, so I decided not to ride...I regretted my decision right up until the time we got home and started unloading bikes...and I rolled mine right into the shop - no washing required!

Hope we see you guys soon!

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:11 pm 
GOR Pro
GOR Pro

i'm really sorry i missed this post. I don't get out to GOR very often, but love riding with anyone. Hopefully will meet you next spa day.... just to clarify, did we move spa days to every other 2nd saturday of the month? that is what I thought, but Dixie's post said first Saturday...wasn't sure if that was just old habit...????

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:53 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Yes - 2nd Saturday of every other month. I am having a terrible time keeping our new dates straight! Maybe we should do both to minimize confusion!

Next one is 2nd Saturday in March...right?

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125