Dirt Bike Guide
Reviews
Dealer Guide - our own yellow pages!
Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spa Day at HP anytime soon???
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:12 pm 
A - class
A - class

So....it's been a long long long time since I've been on this site & since I've ridden my beloved Husaberg "Sven". ::cry:: I probably should trade him in on a smaller bike more suitable for my wussiness but I just wrestled on new D606 tires so I'm ready to go.

I'm heading down to beautiful Savannah GA Dec 1st from MN & want to know when the next spa day is. Or if anyone wants to go riding with me at HP or other location.

Cheers, Colleen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:11 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Hi Colleen! Good to hear from you again. We have another HP harescramble on December 2. The last one was a blast. If there is any way you could make it I think you'd love it. All 3 diamond trails and parts of the MX track. Starts at 9 - over before 11. Spa Day afterward if we are up to it!

You are going to love all the trail work that has been done at HP - Several new trails have been cut and some of your favorites have been worked on.

Ken and I are there most every Saturday. We still typically park in the grassy area beside the cabins and the fence. Black Explorer. 2 KTMS's, both #114.

See you soon!

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:06 pm 
KTM GURU

Spa Day will be Dec 2, after lunch. The last HS of the year is that morning, over at 10:30, I have to do a few end of race chores, grab some lunch, and it's Spa Day ladies! I can ride again! I know some of you will be doing the race, but if you are not too whooped, take a little break and then do Spa Day after lunch. ::up::

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

If you find yourself going through He11, keep going!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:47 pm 
A - class
A - class

oooooooohhhh racing on dual sport tires? Hmmm I think the Husaberg would be more than up to it but it's out of practice chicken rider would not, never raced off road b4, just a Ducati road racing bout a hundred years ago.

Non riding husband thought ::screwy:: when I mentioned it too him. Due to my general lack of off roading this year I'd need about a month to train at HP. We don't have hills in the flat lands of MN/WI and now it's deer hunting season so I can't even ride this weekend ::rant::

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:05 pm 
KTM GURU

January 12 is the next Spa Day!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:10 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Paul Wright wrote:
January 12 is the next Spa Day!!!!!!!!!

Wheeeeeeee! Looking forward to it already!

2nd Saturday of every-other month...mark your calendars!

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:22 pm 
A - class
A - class

Ok so that means the next awesome Spa Day is 9 March? OOOOO gotta make this one even if I have to drive up from Savannah by my lonesome, take some time off hangin on a ladder, and have fun! Better book a room and see if I can still ride the bike, been working too much. ::cheer::

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:21 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

HusabergGal wrote:
Ok so that means the next awesome Spa Day is 9 March? OOOOO gotta make this one even if I have to drive up from Savannah by my lonesome, take some time off hangin on a ladder, and have fun! Better book a room and see if I can still ride the bike, been working too much. ::cheer::

YES - March 9th it is...hope we see you then! Been a while. We have a few more folks who have joined in since the last time you were up...it 's great!

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:31 pm 
D - class
D - class

My better half has recently taken up riding and has about 10 hours of seat time. For the time being, while she is a rookie( don't tell her I said that Dixie, please ::paranoia:: )she has been riding at HP in the back fields below the MX tracks. We normaly stay the weekends in a cabin. It may be nice for them to get together. Please pm if you you like.

PS. Can't wait for ATL.SX.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:57 pm 
A - class
A - class

Ok so I'm going to book a room so I can come to SPA DAY!! ::cheer::

Does anyone want to ride either Fri or Sun given Sat's spa day. Please let me know asap so I can book the room accordingly as I'm coming from Skidaway Island (Savannah area). I am really really out of practice/read CHICKEN and wishing I had a 150 to ride instead of the big 450 with dual spot tires.

Hey Paul I see ya got a 150 Honda for sale is it the big wheel version? If so can I try it :) Can wait to see ya'll

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:23 pm 
KTM GURU

HusabergGal wrote:
Ok so I'm going to book a room so I can come to SPA DAY!! ::cheer::

Does anyone want to ride either Fri or Sun given Sat's spa day. Please let me know asap so I can book the room accordingly as I'm coming from Skidaway Island (Savannah area). I am really really out of practice/read CHICKEN and wishing I had a 150 to ride instead of the big 450 with dual spot tires.

Hey Paul I see ya got a 150 Honda for sale is it the big wheel version? If so can I try it :) Can wait to see ya'll

I've been a little busy with other stuff, and I'm I think not 100% sure, but that 150 might be a consignment bike. I do know it looks very nice and clean. I'll be on the dozer all day again tomorrow, so call Glenn for the scoop on the 150.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:11 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Well after opting out of a ride this weekend (sleet and freezing temps are just not appealing to me), and logging seven more days without being on the bike, I can't help but smile at the weather reports for this coming weekend. Temps holding in the mid-sixties and sunny skies will make for some great riding...and Spa Day is Saturday, and the grand opening of the new MX track at HP is Sunday....wheeeee!
::yippie::

And word on the street is somebody has a new bike for Spa Day. ::up::

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:52 pm 
GOR Pro
GOR Pro

Hooray for spa day, I'm definitely getting my nails did! Actually I'm just hoping that Joy share's what she learns. Maybe we need a Spa Day for the guys. We can call it "i'm too proud to ask how I'm supposed to do this, day..."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:09 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

sr.giggles wrote:
Hooray for spa day, I'm definitely getting my nails did! Actually I'm just hoping that Joy share's what she learns. Maybe we need a Spa Day for the guys. We can call it "i'm too proud to ask how I'm supposed to do this, day..."

OMG that's funny! ::rofl::
Been waaaaaaaaay to long since I've done some serious riding. Looking forward to SPA Day!

2012 Honda CRF150R #44
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:17 pm 
A - class
A - class

Quote:
that 150 might be a consignment bike. I do know it looks very nice and clean. I'll be on the dozer all day again tomorrow, so call Glenn for the scoop on the 150.

Well what I really want is that Freeride 350 at 100kg! But as little as I've been riding nothing will help my ride the big Berg but a SPA training day at HP. ::notworthy:: Look out world here comes the flatlander from savannah/MN hopefully someone will ride with me on Fri or Sun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next