Dirt Bike Guide
Reviews
Dealer Guide - our own yellow pages!
Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spa Day at HP anytime soon???
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:29 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

sr.giggles wrote:
Hooray for spa day, I'm definitely getting my nails did! Actually I'm just hoping that Joy share's what she learns. Maybe we need a Spa Day for the guys. We can call it "i'm too proud to ask how I'm supposed to do this, day..."

Tony, you can always volunteer to help PW...ringside seats for the most fun on two wheels - and you might learn a thing or two as well!

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:52 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

If nothing goes awry, I have my wife there for this Spa Day. She keeps asking me "What is Spa day?" and all I can say is that is that it involves ladies and dirt and it must be good because they're all excited about it.

What exactly is "Spa Day" and aside from bike and gear: Is anything else needed?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:03 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Phineas7 wrote:
If nothing goes awry, I have my wife there for this Spa Day. She keeps asking me "What is Spa day?" and all I can say is that is that it involves ladies and dirt and it must be good because they're all excited about it.

What exactly is "Spa Day" and aside from bike and gear: Is anything else needed?

A good sense of humor is mandatory. That's about it. I like to ride with a water pack too. We meet at the lodge around 9:45 and start sometime around 10. Usually ride until sometime around 1:00 and break for lunch, then head back out for some more play time. We never know what Spa Day will be until we get started. Sometimes it's on the track, sometimes it's on the trails, and sometimes it's in one of the training areas...ans sometimes it's a mix. We always work on some type of skill, and we always have a great time. This is a fantastic group of women, and Paul is great to give up a whole day to work with us the way he does.

It will be wonderful to have her join us! But be warned, we are a group of fools (and I mean that as a compliment!).

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:33 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Dixie, yall stayin the night? We will be at the C Town farm and may come out to visit Sunday....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:38 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

BanditX wrote:
Dixie, yall stayin the night? We will be at the C Town farm and may come out to visit Sunday....

We aren't staying, but are coming back Sunday. Please come visit...or better yet, come do Spa Day. We miss you!

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:16 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Don't they sell lunch on Saturdays? Or does everybody typically bring one?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:25 pm 
KTM GURU

Phineas7 wrote:

Hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, ice cream, etc - all available on weekends. Often the group hangs out at lunchtime discussing how wonderfully they rode earlier that day. ::cheers::

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:59 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Paul Wright wrote:
Phineas7 wrote:

Hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, ice cream, etc - all available on weekends. Often the group hangs out at lunchtime discussing how wonderfully they rode earlier that day. ::cheers::

Sounds good, thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:02 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Had a fabulous Spa Day out at Highland Park! Met some new Dirty Girlz to ride with. Madaline Olson, Donna, Brandee Michelle,and Got to see Husaberg Girl again. Y'all did great! Got to ride on the brand spanking new motocross track then headed out to the woods. Boy do I need some more woods work. I did some serious goon riding on trail 41 on the first 1/4 of the trail then got the grove going for the last 3/4s of it.
Thanks Paul for a wonderful Spa Day and letting us get a sneeky peek at the new MX track. Looks like all the hard work paid off!
Oh and thanks so much to the fella that just popped out of the woods on 41 and helped me get my bike back up right and to the top of the hill. It was completely laying down the hill and so was I. I tired to life it 3 times but it just wasn't happening. Thanks again!

2012 Honda CRF150R #44
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:20 pm 
A - class
A - class

Was this Spa Day fun or what?? I Love love love the new MX track it's amazing to ride a well designed track where I felt basically in control. I want to go again ::applause::

It's been well over a year since I've been to HP and was so fun to kick it with the Spa Ladies and ride! I didn't even break a nail today, oh darn! Trail 41 got me too but I did learn the ruts are your friends, just use them like rails & gas it baby.

Thank you so much Paul, the men that helped us, and all you ladies!! ::notworthy:: Can't wait for the next one and if anyone has a picture of my on the Husaberg I'd love a copy of it for the G'kids.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:06 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Excellent Spa Day! I love getting out and playing with you all. I laughed all day! My face hurts almost as bad as the rest of me does!

Thank you Paul for taking the time to work with us today. And thanks for letting us get out and play on the new track...that thing is amazing! You guys have done an outstanding job.

See you tomorrow!

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:38 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

We stopped by for an X-ray on Donna. The ankle was sprained, but the bruised ribs are making the crutches painful. Even that considering, she went on and on about how much fun she had and how much she enjoyed being around you all.
She should be healed up for the next one ::up::

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:37 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Thank you so much for letting us know how Donna is doing. We had a blast today with everyone! Thanks so much Paul for letting us get the first tracks on the new track. If anyone is debating going to the practice at the new track tomorrow, you will regret it if you don't go. It will be awesome!!

Michelle, Kyle and Scott told me we left you, I am so sorry we did not know you stalled, and we took the back short cut to the track. Bum deal, again my apologies.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:16 am 
GOR Assisted Living

Those of you who haven't been out to a spa day and are wondering what it's all about take a look at this video I did a couple years ago. http://www.ajc.com/videos/news/not-your-mothers-spa-day-dirt-bike-riding-for/vdGph/

HIGHLAND PARK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:17 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Phineas - thank you for sharing the picture. Love it!

I'm so glad to hear Donna is OK. I never caught back up with her afterward to check on her. Told her on the hill she was a real Spa Day Girl now...busted that tail and got right back on the bike!

Hope we see you at the next Spa Day...or pretty much any weekend out there!

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next