Dirt Bike Guide
Reviews
Dealer Guide - our own yellow pages!
Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spa Day Sunday
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:08 pm 
Team GOR
Team GOR

Icasteel there's no sign up. You just be at the picnic table by 10 am. You can't miss the women gathered together. Your wife will have a blast.

Life's too short...Just do it

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:54 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

lcasteel wrote:
Flipper,

Thanks for the response. Yes, we have been to HP, and minus my earlier joke about crashing, my wife (Sandy) did not have much difficulty riding the inner or outer loops at HP. She rode mountain bikes while in college, and she has been on a street bike since 2009. She doesn't yet have the feel for a dirt bike, but she has no problems in terms of knowing where the controls are and using them. She would like to start developing correct techniques before riding too much and creating some bad habits.

I appreciate the info., and I look forward to meeting you guys Sunday.

Thank you again for the information! Oh, one more...is it just show and go, or does she need to sign-up somewhere?

Sounds like she will fit in with the rest of us just fine if she is riding the perimeter.
Look forward to meeting you both Sunday.
Picnic tables by the lodge at 10:00am. We usually work on proper body positioning, controls, technique, and obstacles.

My name is Tracee, I will be on a yz125 #18, I usually take a warm-up ride before Spa Day if Sandy wants to join.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:15 pm 
Team GOR
Team GOR

Hey Tracee this Sandy wants to go. Think you could ride me on the back of the yz...... ::smirk:: j/k

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:49 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I have an awesome pit bike or yz250f you can ride. I used the pitbike when I was recovering with my mcl tear. I am sure Donna can hook you up on four wheels with her if she sweet talks sunshine uh I mean Glenn. :D

It would be awesome if you can come hang out with us while we are tortured uhh I mean training.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:55 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Pumkin wrote:
Hey Tracee this Sandy wants to go. Think you could ride me on the back of the yz...... ::smirk:: j/k

Absolutely! ::cheers::

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:05 pm 
Team GOR
Team GOR

I will be there I miss you girlz something fierce and I'm bringing a friend who might be interested in dirt biking . I'm such a bad influence ::smirk:: More to cheer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:32 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Great news- see you Sunday!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:06 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Pumpkin I am so glad you're coming out. I've been doing the 4 wheel buggie thing for the last several Spa Days. Sometimes it gets a little interesting in that thing too ::eek:: . Will be great to have a partner to buggie with. I bet I could bribe Glen with some cookies for use of the cart. :D

2012 Honda CRF150R #44
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:45 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

This Spa Day just keeps getting better and better!

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:33 pm 
D - class
D - class

GIRLS!!!! I miss you! I am super excited to ride with y'all tomorrow and see what challenge the guys have in store for us!!!! See y'all in the morning! ::yippie::

Icasteel, yes it is just show and go. Sign in and get your arm band just like you would for any other day of riding and then meet us by the picnic tables geared up and ready to ride. We are easy to spot and probably you will hear us yapping and laughing from far away. :D Your wife will have a fun day and learn a lot. The Spa Day girls are an awesome bunch of women who all remember what it is like to be beginner and are extremely helpful and kind. I am new to dirt bike riding too. Whatever drills Ken and Tony have us do will help us all be better riders. Looking forward to meeting her. I am Katy Cupcake and I will be on the (little red) Honda 150r.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:26 pm 
A - class
A - class

Well it looks like I missed this Spa Day darn it! But I'm down in Savannah working on my new "project" that we bought 10 days ago. ::cry:: But that also means I'll be able to come up and ride more when I can tear myself away. Hope y'all had a blast and learned some cool stuff. Ciao' C

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:52 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I wish I could make you feel better about missing this one but Tony showed us some control and balance drills I had never seen or heard of before. I was challenged, and every time I though I was getting the hang of the routine he added another element. ::eek::

At one point I was in fourth gear going zero miles per hour. I kept thinking there is no way I can do all these things before I fall over. ::duh::

Surprisingly, just at the point where I was scratching my head, and not able to rub my stomach it would come together and give me a carrot. Eventually, my stubborness paid off and I was in neutral, stopped and holding my hand up.

A huge thanks to Tony and Ken for taking their time to help us improve our riding skills.
I am very grateful. ::notworthy::

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:19 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

It was a really good Spa Day. Since I am at a disadvantage on being able to touch the ground, I have a special place in my heart for anything to help me with my balance...these drills will be added to my practice routine.

Great group of ladies in attendance. Was great to meet "new Sandy", and also to have our "original Sandy" back on the bike! She got a bike and kept it a secret until she got there!

Ken and Tony took great care of us, and gave lots and lots of great pointers. It was great having one on one side of the track and one on the other. They really kept us on our toes. But it was strange not having PW out there too. Ken was telling me something when I was going through the cones once, and I was trying to watch and see what he said...and promptly tipped the bike over! Talk about target fixation! LOL!

I never graduated to shifting up to neutral in the stop/start drills, but I did manage to get some pretty good "slow riding" in - using the clutch and rear brake - and come to a full stop in the cones while keep my feet on the pegs before taking off again...and I also managed to stall it a few times, and fall over a few times too! But I had enough "good ones" to give me hope!

The funniest part of the day was when Tracee offered to let me ride her bike...There was no one around us but the Spa Day girls, Ken and Tony...and the moment I threw my leg over that blue bike there was Kevin...grinning ear to ear. He kept saying, "BLUE! Ride BLUE! Ken - LOOK! You see this?!?"...It was too funny!

And Kevin - this is just for you...I rode blue and I liked it! ::shocked:: But I love my orange too. ::heart3::

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 am 
D - class
D - class

Great Spa Day! Thank you Tony and Ken for coaching us yesterday. I will be practicing those drills again to improve my balance skills and corner posing. We appreciate you guys taking time to teach us! ::cheers::

Ladies you are always a blast and so fun to laugh with all day. It was great to meet both Sandys! I look forward to riding with y'all again soon! :D

~KT Cupcake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:28 am 
Bling King

I had a blast working with all of you Ladies also. Sandy #2 it was great meeting you and watching you improve as the day went on. I love to watch new people and more advanced riders having a great time and enjoy the day of riding. And a special thanks goes out to Flipper for helping with the cone transportation.......even if she did not give me any dessert ::rant::

2017 KTM 250XC
2006 GAS GAS 280 PRO
a.k.a the "Bling King"

You don't stop riding because you get old - you get old because you stop riding!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next