Dirt Bike Guide
Reviews
Dealer Guide - our own yellow pages!
Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spa Day in Nov or Dec
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:30 pm 
A - class
A - class

OK I'm packin up the big Berg n headin to GA next week!!! I hope it's nicer than here in MN and I can't wait to meet all the SPA gals! ::yippie::

I'm going to stop by HP on Sat Feb 4th and try to shake the cob webs off my meager riding skills. Anyone going to be at HP that can handle a scared rusty flat lander? See ya'll soon Colleen aka "C" from MN/WI and (PT in Savannah).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:27 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Hey Colleen! Looking forward to meeting you this time through! Spa Days are actually on Sundays this year, so the next Spa Day is Sunday Feb. 5th. Right now I'm planning to be there Saturday the 4th also ~ really looking forward to riding with you ::up::

2009 KTM 200 XCW ~ SONNY <3

I do not regret the things I've done... I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:41 pm 
A - class
A - class

RNR Ragamuffin, I'm riding both Sat and Sun at HP too! PM me if you want to ride together on Sat. ::up:: I'll be getting in really late on Fri to Cedartown HI so prolly won't be at HP till noon or early afternoon. But I want to know if I can still ride since I feel like a wussy ole lady after dropping my bike big time in the snow today ::paranoia::

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:49 am 
KTM GURU

I was talking to Ragamuffin yesterday at he new store in Alpharetta, and she is solely responsible for what is going to happen his Spa Day. She singlehandedly changed my plans for this Sunday. So thank her or smack her upside the head... depending on how the day goes... :D ::cheers::

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

If you find yourself going through He11, keep going!

Post subject: 1st Spa Day in 2012!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:08 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Paul Wright wrote:
I was talking to Ragamuffin yesterday at he new store in Alpharetta, and she is solely responsible for what is going to happen his Spa Day. She singlehandedly changed my plans for this Sunday. So thank her or smack her upside the head... depending on how the day goes... :D ::cheers::

OMG Pdub! ::duh:: I can't believe you just threw me under the bus like that!! As hard as I worked all weekend! And I remember Dixie Darling had some input into this as well!!

Girlz - If you have fun, enjoy it and learn something cool - then YES it was ALL my idea ::smirk::

I do not regret the things I've done... I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance!!

Post subject: Re: 1st Spa Day in 2012!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:09 am 
KTM GURU

rnr_ragamuffin wrote:
Paul Wright wrote:

OMG Pdub! ::duh:: I can't believe you just threw me under the bus like that!! As hard as I worked all weekend! And I remember Dixie Darling had some input into this as well!!

Girlz - If you have fun, enjoy it and learn something cool - then YES it was ALL my idea ::smirk::

Just think about what a hero you will be when Spa Day turns out awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:39 pm 
A - class
A - class

Does this Spa Day involve the MX track? Are we gettin our wheels off the ground? ::popcorn:: Hope I don't make a fool outta myself but I'll get it will be great company!

Hey Paul is your avatar of the new KTM Freeride 350? OOOOOOOH I'd trade in my Husaberg for that one!

Post subject: Re: 1st Spa Day in 2012!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:13 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

rnr_ragamuffin wrote:
Paul Wright wrote:

Dang, Jackie...call PW out for throwing YOU under the bus and then drag me under there with you! LOL...well, the Spa Day Goddesses gotta' stick together, right?!?

But seriously...you KNOW Spa Day is going to be tough...and you KNOW it's going to be fun...and you KNOW you're going to end the day a better rider (albeit a more banged up rider) than when you started...

::up::

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:58 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

LC@LL's 2005

Is it something like this? ::popcorn::

We could play with the gates too....... :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:40 pm 
Team GOR
Team GOR

.... and that ain't photoshopped!

mxtuner@comcast.net

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:49 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

surfergirl wrote:
LC@LL's 2005

:D All I know is I was whining about that stupid double on the MX track that kicks my butt every time I hit it and the next thing I know little bells started ringing all around Pdub's head and his eyes take on this evil glint and he starts muttering something about Spa Day... ::screwy:: and then Dixie started encouraging him (heeheehee there's that bus again Dixie girl)...

...by the way, love that shot Surfergirl - did you take it??

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:04 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

rnr_ragamuffin wrote:
surfergirl wrote:
LC@LL's 2005

:D All I know is I was whining about that stupid double on the MX track that kicks my butt every time I hit it and the next thing I know little bells started ringing all around Pdub's head and his eyes take on this evil glint and he starts muttering something about Spa Day... ::screwy:: and then Dixie started encouraging him (heeheehee there's that bus again Dixie girl)... YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO...

...by the way, love that shot Surfergirl - did you take it??

Nope- wish I had been there to take that shot.

It is Leah at LL's back in 2005 - Just jumping some small doubles! ::smirk::

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:40 am 
KTM GURU

Nice shot of Leah! And yes, Colleen, my current avatar is a new KTM FreeRide.

Spa Day... well, this Spa Day we will do a lot of work on... something... fun!

Oh yeah, be sure to wear all your body armor. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:15 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I'm sure it's going to be fun - Spa Day always is. ::up::

Haven't been on the bike in weeks - am having serious withdrawals.

And if we work on clearing doubles, then YES - I will take responsibility for that (you're welcome...or I'm sorry - choose whichever response fits you best! ::smirk:: ).

I am getting so tired of smashing into the face of the second jump and having the wind almost knocked out of me (and making funny monkey grunt sounds!). ::loser:: I REALLY want to learn how to land on that nice down slope that's just over the other side! It happened to me ONCE on a smaller set of doubles at a friend of a friend's place (squealed so loudly I think some folks thought I was hurt...but that was the one jump that I didn't hurt myself on!) and ONCE at HP on the perimeter road heading down the hill to Trail 1 (didn't quite land on the downside of the jump but at least got past the face to the smooth top.

I have done it just enough to know that it feels SO much better to clear the jump than to land short...but I can't seem to pull things together to make it happen. I desperately need help with the preload, body position and the takeoff speed.

Of course, the list of things that I need help with on a dirt bike is a LOT longer than the list of things I don't need help with (trying to think if there is even anything on the second list!)...so whatever we do, I am certain that I can use all the help I can get in that area!

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next