Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Spa Day in Nov or Dec
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:24 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Best Spa Day ever! HP was much nicer than I thought it would be. Of course the first two hills on the PR were slimy, but the rest of it was good.

The drills we worked on were amazing. Wish I could do that every day. The difference in our before and after was night and day. I finally feel like I can lift the front end when desired, more times than not. That is so cool! Our post drill ride around the perimeter road was my best one to date. Hardly felt the bumps and was able to clear the mudholes. Nailed that TT right before Trail 1 too.

Spectacular day! The only thing that would have made it better for me would be to have had Ken there to enjoy it with me.

A million thanks to PW and Tony for coaching and guiding, and all the Spa Day Goddesses who cheer and laugh and make the day complete!

I'm ready for Saturday already!!!!!!!

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:50 pm 
D - class
D - class

Spa Day was a BLAST! I finally got some air and that is really fun! I can hardly wait to get back to the park this weekend and practice jumping every little bump I can find!

Thank you Surfergirl, PW, and Tony for all your teachings and support. It made a world of difference for me!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:59 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I enjoyed the work! I enjoyed the fellowship!
I love Advil!

Thanks to Paul and Tony for all they do to help and inspire us to improve.

What struck me as Awesome and different about this Spa Day was that everyone worked as hard as they could and when the Spa Day time slot was up - everyone wanted to keep riding and do more.

Nice to finally meet you Colleen!

The only thing I missed was riding Brian's CR500....by the time we got done with the drills, I couldn't find him. ::duh::
I would have loved to take it on a lap around the MX3 track, the conditions were absolutely perfect in the late afternoon, but then again it might have scared the you know what out of me. ::eek::

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:17 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I think I was out on the trails with Mel the the boys. Dont worry Tracee, you'll get to ride it and next time conditions will be better on the big track. All of the girls need to ride it just so they can throw it up in people's faces "Oh yeah, well, have you ever ridden a CR500??". I've done a lot of work to it to smooth it out, its a lot smoother than a stock CR500, yet, obviously its still a monster just a manageable monster. Brandon was riding behind me, he can tell you its smooth because I'd go up some of those trails in 3rd at about 8mph just idling...no wheelspin at all.

This is the first time I have see the classes PW does for you guys, and I have to say I am very impressed, both with his class and you ladies riding. The drills he had you doing are excellent, for any skill level rider. Even advanced riders would be wise to practice stuff like the one where you were slowing to almost a stop, then doing a wheelie. Thats great for throttle/clutch control and balance. One of the drills I used to do, but never do anymore, is figure 8s. I would put out two cones and do figure 8s to "warm up" before a race. Its a quick way to get your blood pumping and gets you ready to charge into corners and get on the brakes at the very last second. I also used to do one where I would ride slowly in 1st or 2nd, lock the front wheel and ride skidding the front wheel. It gets you comfortable with the front wheel being locked so you dont panic when it happens for real while riding. I really need to start doing those kinds of things again.