Dirt Bike Guide
Reviews
Dealer Guide - our own yellow pages!
Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spa Day in Nov or Dec
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:48 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

All joking and kidding aside, I do want to say anytime we can spend an entire day learning about dirt bike riding from Paul Wright, we need to make the most of this valuable experience. This is an opportunity to gain the very most and add to our skill sets ~ so the more difficult – and scary – the challenge is, the more we can gain. Spa Day Girlz – we are surrounded by such giving and talented mentors; we need to spend time absorbing every drop of knowledge we can. When I think back about my level of riding just 2 short years ago, I am amazed at how much I’ve learned through the patience and guidance of Paul Wright and other wonderful mentors including Surfergirl, Tony C and Coach K ::notworthy:: . So seriously I would love to work on clearing doubles Saturday… I can’t tell you how many times I’ve approached a double with the intent of “going for it” and then being too scared to do so – ending up with a painful landing on the 2nd face… At least Surfergirl worked with me on how to keep my nose up, which helped A LOT! Even though it may seem like PW is trying to torture us ::smirk:: , he’s actually trying to help us get better!! I for one appreciate every minute of it!!! ::up::

2009 KTM 200 XCW ~ SONNY <3

I do not regret the things I've done... I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:22 pm 
A - class
A - class

I love it...."I haven't been on the bike for weeks" well it's been months for me ::cry:: in the frozen Northland. I'll probably need training wheels, double padding, and a roll cage around me. Maybe I should rent a smaller bike from Paul?

Or just learn learn learn I do want to learn how to seat bounce ::applause::

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:30 pm 
Team GOR
Team GOR

HusabergGal wrote:
I do want to learn how to seat bounce ::applause::

Done correctly, a seat bounce is way cool! But it can also be the beginning of a painful *moment* if done wrong.

Be careful. Some woods bikes have the rebound set a little slower which can make getting good height off a double a little more difficult.

mxtuner@comcast.net

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:43 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

HusabergGal wrote:
I love it...."I haven't been on the bike for weeks" well it's been months for me ::cry:: in the frozen Northland. I'll probably need training wheels, double padding, and a roll cage around me. Maybe I should rent a smaller bike from Paul?

Or just learn learn learn I do want to learn how to seat bounce ::applause::

I am sure Paul would let us work that one in the lesson Sunday for those that want to try it. There are some good spots on jumps out of corners on all the tracks at HP that we can practice the bounce technique on. I have done it by pure laziness when I am tired and just want to stay in the sit a little longer. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:02 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I'm still on the sidelines for a while but I plan to be there and soak up as much learning as possible from watching ::eek:: . I can be a pretty good cheer leader too ::cheer:: .

2012 Honda CRF150R #44
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:09 am 
KTM GURU

It's been a couple weeks since I have operated any sort of machinery other than a circular saw or a screw gun. The new store is looking good, but I'm ready for a break and a chance to operated a two wheeled machine. I hope you girls are ready to do some riding!

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

If you find yourself going through He11, keep going!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 am 
Team GOR
Team GOR

surfergirl wrote:
There are some good spots on jumps out of corners on all the tracks at HP that we can practice the bounce technique on. I have done it by pure laziness when I am tired and just want to stay in the sit a little longer. :D

I frequently also do that to conserve energy. But there is a true seat *bounce* technique to help a rider get more height to clear a jump which requires a good bit more work and precision.

mxtuner@comcast.net

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:35 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Paul Wright wrote:
It's been a couple weeks since I have operated any sort of machinery other than a circular saw or a screw gun. The new store is looking good, but I'm ready for a break and a chance to operated a two wheeled machine. I hope you girls are ready to do some riding!

::up::
SO ready...

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:37 pm 
GOR Pro
GOR Pro

Paul Wright wrote:
I hope you girls are ready to do some riding!

I thought the rules were ready or not get up/down/over the hill/log/creek. ::smirk::

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:55 pm 
KTM GURU

12 hours to S-Day....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:05 am 
KTM GURU

3 hours to go - no rain in sight - better put on your game faces! That does not mean make up, RNR.... :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:44 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I hear crickets.... ::popcorn::

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:40 pm 
Bling King

OK ????? SO ????? ::popcorn::

2017 KTM 250XC
2006 GAS GAS 280 PRO
a.k.a the "Bling King"

You don't stop riding because you get old - you get old because you stop riding!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:57 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Well here is the non rider report since I'm still on restriction. Mr. Flipper and I went out to cheer the ladies on. We picked up the golf cart to catch up with them on the perimeter road around trail 15. By the time we got through the slick stuff and the one time I had to get out so it could make it up the rest of the way up the hill (which meant I had to climb it) they had already moved to lunch. Nothing like a joy ride in the golf cart in the mud.
We then followed everyone to the training area with the logs and stuff. They did doubles, preloading and log jumping. You ladies did fabulous! I watched everybody from the start not really getting off the ground(except of course Tracee...you rock jumping that stuff) to everybody making it up and over that stuff. Some with 2 wheels in the air, and all of them caught air in some form or fashion.
Special moment of the day goes to Kat with her preload bounce over the log and impressive wheelie out the entrance ::eek:: only to turn it around and come back in like she had done it many times before!
I had a blast cheering everybody on.
Great meeting HusabergGal. You looked great jumping. Dixie you got that level flying thing going on! Jackie by the end of the day your jumping was looking nice and level also. Katie once you finally got Mr Flipper off your bike you were getting some air between those wheels and the ground also!
Mel you made it over those logs and just kept going. Great job!
As usual thanks Paul for a wonderful Spa Day. Just goes to show you can learn stuff even on the ground. ::up::

2012 Honda CRF150R #44
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next