Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Well, ladies... ??
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:31 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

How was the race? Who went? Who ::cat:: out? Did rnr finish?
Inquiring minds want to know.
You girls are always quick with this stuff. Must be wore out.

Post subject: Re: Well, ladies... ??
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:53 pm 
Bling King

rnr got 5th, dirty blond got third in the womens class

2017 KTM 250XC
2006 GAS GAS 280 PRO
a.k.a the "Bling King"

You don't stop riding because you get old - you get old because you stop riding!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:58 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I think all the talk is probably o Facebook- I wouldn't know.

On the starting line was- Dixie, RNR, and Dirty Blonde

In the pit crew due to injury was- Flipper

In the "hope to attend the next race"Had other plans - Marsha and Konaku

Not sure who all plans to be in Swanee, Tn.

I am in- Anybody, else in?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:03 pm 
RADIO

Nice meeting all the ladies, hopefully I'll see ya'll at the next one!

J. East WERA #355
Follow me on Instagram - @SlimJim355

Thanks to my sponsors!
Team Goon Squad™, Proline Motorsports, Amsoil Synthetic Oils, MX4Nam Photography, Team Boom 4 Tripp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:25 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I had a pretty good time. Got a decent start, but I only thought I had ridden in dusty conditions before - holy cow! I've never seen moon dust like that and had no idea how to ride in it - or detect the hidden rocks before I bounced off them!

I had a few parts of the day I was proud of (making it up the big first hill - clean - on my second try!) and some things I'm not so proud of (didn't finish the race). Tumbled down one hill - in three spots! I think I covered as much ground rolling as I did riding down that one!

I've decided that I adore riding in the woods and I like pushing myself to and slightly beyond my capabilities...but I don't really care for racing in the woods! Its too many people out there at one time for me! Although not finishing this one has kinda stirred up a desire to do it again...just to "get the last word".

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:30 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Yall are going to do the MXGP races at HP right? That way I can be yalls cheering section!!! ::cheer::

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:45 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

slimjim00 wrote:
Nice meeting all the ladies, hopefully I'll see ya'll at the next one!

Slim - it was great to finally meet you! Hope we see you again soon!

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:48 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

BanditX wrote:
Yall are going to do the MXGP races at HP right? That way I can be yalls cheering section!!! ::cheer::

I'm planning on playing on the track at HP...I don't think that what I do will ever be considered racing, but I will get my laps in! ::tricycle::

'12 KTM 250 XC+ #114
'08 Beta Rev3 125

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:26 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I tweeked my knee the day before in practice so I didn't get the chance to race. I was proud to be able to be pit crew along with Mother's Day for the Ladies that braved all the dust, hills and crowds of other riders. Tracee put in an amazing 3 laps with those moon dust conditions. Dixie and Jackie gave it their all and did quite well. Dirty Blonde(Mel) got her lap and a 1/2 in and we were all were cheering as she came by. It was quite a test and I say they all passed with flying colors! Special thanks to Ken and Beau for watching after our girls. Tony was giving advise and helping as he could since he was working the entire course. Paul was racing with them and keeping tabs along the way.

2012 Honda CRF150R #44
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:42 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

terriblemog wrote:
How was the race? Who went? Who ::cat:: out? Did rnr finish?
Inquiring minds want to know.
You girls are always quick with this stuff. Must be wore out.

HI Terriblemog!! So nice to meet you at the race!! Wish I had a chance to meet your wife as well - tell her thanks for cheering ::up:: I had a blast on Sunday! Each time I try this I learn a little more, get a little farther and love it even more. That first hill was a doozy and took me 4 times to get up it - I'm used to tractoring up hills in 1st on my 4-stroke but that doesn't work in moon dust I learned ::duh:: I didn't realize I had gotten so dependent on tractoring up hills - that's a bad habit I'm going to start working on getting rid of next weekend at HP!!

I also learned on the next hill - if you get almost to the top and don't quite make it and decide to put it in 1st and walk the bike up - be careful if your foot slips ::eek:: I slipped, whiskey-throttled it, the bike makes a 180 around me and starts dragging me back down the hill - I'm trying to grab hold in the dirt with my TOES... finally had the sense to let go of the bike and a tree was nice enough to catch it for me ::rotf::

All in all, I feel like I improve each time I try and can't wait to give it another shot!! ONE OF THESE DAYS... :D

SO - TELL ME HOW YOU DID??!!

2009 KTM 200 XCW ~ SONNY <3

I do not regret the things I've done... I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:59 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

Well, I turned in 5 laps... of the mini's race. ::smirk::
I was just running sweeper, and usually when I catch up to my son I just follow along with the helmet cam. I was clipping along pretty good(for sweep), and got into a little groove around lap 3 and still hadn't seen my son. I'm thinking, "dang, little dude is haulin' pretty good, or I'm a lot slower than I thought." Helped plenty of little kids with stalled or stuck bikes, or would just fall in behind one for a while waiting for a PLENTY SAFE place to pass(some of the sweepers blow by alot faster than I'd like). I like watching the little ones truck on through the woods just making it as much as I'm impressed with the 85's that pass like Whibley on a mini. Some of those kids are frickin' fast!! I see the white flag and still no son so I step it up trying to find him since I had no kids really in my way. I come up on the kid that has been winning all the races in my son's class and think my son has to be in front of him. ::yippie:: Little dude's going to get his 2nd win! Well, I never did see him and turns out I missed him on one of the hills. ::loser::
After watching the video(the Contour kicks btw) he was somewhat camouflaged by another official starting his bike and 2 more guys were waving me through like I was about to be in the way. I felt terrible. ::duh:: That WON'T happen again. On top of that, I forgot to start recording until after his start. ::rant:: He was 2nd into the 1st turn til someone squeeked by at the last second. He came home and practiced starts for 2 hours. ::rotf:: ::up:: Monday, he came home from school, changed the air filter and practiced clutch work on some hills.

Glad all you girls came out, racing or not. We had a blast, and my younger one is bugging me to race also now. He's still got some work though.

Are you all planning on hitting the next one, too? If so, we'll try to find you a little sooner to say hi.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:01 pm 
B - class
B - class

Today i registered for classes at Kennesaw State University, & was having trouble nabbing the right classes i needed for a full 12-hr semester. The academic adviser was helping me look through the leftovers when we stumbled across this very coveted golden nugget of a class with one seat left. We went to click on it when i noticed it was on a Saturday, & i politely declined. She said, "Miss Newman, i don't think you realize. You won't get a chance like this again," & i said, "Ma'am, i don't think YOU realize.. how much i love dirtbiking. I do have my priorities."

Long story short i got some crappy classes. But my weekends are free to bond with GOR peeps & tackle 4Ds at HP! It doesn't get any better than that!

Love you guys.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:38 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Well, now that you are next door to where I work, Mel, we gotta do lunch one day. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:01 am 
B - class
B - class

Of course!! Where do you work, Bandit?

:)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:17 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Tidwell Ford on Barrett Lakes Blvd.