Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: My son at MSF Dirtbike School 4/2/11
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:56 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Thanks guys for all the nice comments! :) We are going to have to start shopping for a bike and gear sooner than we thought. And yes Dixie, I think he must have gotten the good riding skills from my genes... ::smirk::

Hope to see you guys soon out at HP. ::up:: :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:11 pm 
Social Butterfly

Amy, I may have some extra gear Lane's size, so let me know what you need, sizes, and how soon you need them, and I will check.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:20 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Michele thanks so much for offering to check for gear. ::up:: That would be awesome! We are thinking about looking for a bike this week because we are off on Spring Break, but he wouldn't really be riding regular for a month or so other than the backyard. His sizes are: pants size 20, shirt youth small, boots size 13. Let me know if you have anything in those sizes and we would gladly pay you for them. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:03 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Bring him to the Family Fun Ride.

http://www.familyfunride.com/

'66 CB77 Super Hawk, '00 SV650, '04 DL650

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:55 pm 
Social Butterfly

MQM wrote:
Michele thanks so much for offering to check for gear. ::up:: That would be awesome! We are thinking about looking for a bike this week because we are off on Spring Break, but he wouldn't really be riding regular for a month or so other than the backyard. His sizes are: pants size 20, shirt youth small, boots size 13. Let me know if you have anything in those sizes and we would gladly pay you for them. :)

I found a few things. 2 pair of boots, one maybe size 13, the other 2's. An older/semi-stained pair of red Answer youth gear, size small shirt, 26 pants. Small knee pads. Can probably scrape up a pair of gloves or so if I can find the matching mate(s). I will pay it forward or accept a donation to the Dream House Foundation. PM me your addy and I will mail them tomorrow. You too can have a child who wants to sleep, eat, and wear all his gear to the grocery store! ::smirk:: Just post pics! ::up::

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:21 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

KTMmomma wrote:
MQM wrote:

I found a few things. 2 pair of boots, one maybe size 13, the other 2's. An older/semi-stained pair of red Answer youth gear, size small shirt, 26 pants. Small knee pads. Can probably scrape up a pair of gloves or so if I can find the matching mate(s). I will pay it forward or accept a donation to the Dream House Foundation. PM me your addy and I will mail them tomorrow. You too can have a child who wants to sleep, eat, and wear all his gear to the grocery store! ::smirk:: Just post pics! ::up::

You are so awesome! ::yippie:: ::applause:: ::cheer:: Thank you so much! ::notworthy:: :D Sending you a PM.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:13 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Amy, I think the youth track at HP is pretty tame. ::yippie:: That will be your new home for a while. My son Daniel and I will be at HP Wed, Thurs, Fri...would be nice to see ya. Our spring break, too. If I had some of Daniels older gear, I would give to you, but all that stuff was ripped, stained, ruined....he was rough on clothes.

Good luck with your purchase. Loved the pics...that is sssoooooo awsome. ::up::

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:31 am 
D - class
D - class

MQM-

I have a 2009 Yamaha ttr50 sitting in the garage. It needs a battery, but otherwise is perfect. My 8 year old son, Ethan, has moved to a 110. We were going to sell this bike but I have a better idea.

If Lane is willing to do the following two things, I will give him the bike for free:

1. He learns to take care of the motorcycle. Everything from washing, changing the oil, to lubing the chain after each ride. Great way to reinforce responsibility and show riding is earned, not given.

2. Once he is ready to shred on a KTM, he agrees to give the bike to another deserving child to learn to ride on, with the same conditions agreed to by that child.

I don't know your financial ability to pay, but if you are adament about paying something, give a donation to the dreamhouse or charity of your choice instead.

We live in Rome, so it would be easy to meet you at HP and drop off the bike. Ethan enjoys riding there as much as he can. Just let me know if you are interested and we can set up the drop-off. BTW, if Lane is like Ethan, you better have a charged battery with you so he can ride. I also have some riding gear, pants/shirt/gloves from when we purchased the bike that may fit Lane.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:10 am 
Social Butterfly

^^^^^ WOW! Dirtbike riders are the best! ::applause:: ::cheers::

Very nice ckwheeler!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:39 am 
GOR Pro
GOR Pro

ckwheeler wrote:
... I have a better idea.

If Lane is willing to do the following two things, I will give him the bike for free:

1. He learns to take care of the motorcycle. Everything from washing, changing the oil, to lubing the chain after each ride. Great way to reinforce responsibility and show riding is earned, not given.

2. Once he is ready to shred on a KTM, he agrees to give the bike to another deserving child to learn to ride on, with the same conditions agreed to by that child.

Awsome display of teaching solid values and paying it forward right there! ::up:: ::up:: ::applause::

Great pics of Lane in the course, looks like he had a great time. I am going to sign my 7yr old daughter up for one of these courses in April or May, so thanks for the great report on the school.

Pain is temporary, quiting lasts forever!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:10 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Reupped Rider wrote:
Awsome display of teaching solid values and paying it forward right there! ::up:: ::up:: ::applause::

I couldn't agree more! I am... ::shocked:: and overwhelmed with the kindness and generosity offered. :)

ckwheeler I am sending you a PM so we can talk more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:47 pm 
B - class
B - class

ckwheeler wrote:
MQM-

I have a 2009 Yamaha ttr50 sitting in the garage. It needs a battery, but otherwise is perfect. My 8 year old son, Ethan, has moved to a 110. We were going to sell this bike but I have a better idea.

I don't know your financial ability to pay, but if you are adament about paying something, give a donation to the dreamhouse or charity of your choice instead.

We live in Rome, so it would be easy to meet you at HP and drop off the bike. Ethan enjoys riding there as much as he can. Just let me know if you are interested and we can set up the drop-off. BTW, if Lane is like Ethan, you better have a charged battery with you so he can ride. I also have some riding gear, pants/shirt/gloves from when we purchased the bike that may fit Lane.

WOW! True class act for sure! I can probably get a battery for it at a discount. Let me know MQM.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:25 pm 
RADIO

Dude that's awesome.
::notworthy::

ckwheeler wrote:
MQM-

J. East WERA #355
Follow me on Instagram - @SlimJim355

Thanks to my sponsors!
Team Goon Squad™, Proline Motorsports, Amsoil Synthetic Oils, MX4Nam Photography, Team Boom 4 Tripp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:27 pm 
D - class
D - class

The battery MQM will need is a GS GT4B-5. The bike is a 2009 ttr 50.

I have tried repeatedly to get the stock to hold a charge, but the ignition was left on for too long. Thanks for help.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:13 pm 
GOR Pro
GOR Pro

This is one of the best threads going on here right now. Sean and Amy take great care of their kids and teach values that many parents now seem to overlook. The dirt bike community is the best. Show them how it's done Lane.