Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spa day 4/10 n' others...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:08 am 
D - class
D - class

Hey guys! finally i have my own profile, btw im SSGHopkins' wife. I m so glad to see that a lot of ladies ride too. Cause from where I come from(Costa Rica) there are... 0...basically its a men's thing only ..booooo ::screwy:: lol.
Anyway ... I can't wait to start meeting all you girls, well, already met 4 but haven't have the chance to go out n ride with them yet. I am trying to get more and more comfortable riding. I am really enjoying everytime I get on it.. I must confess its kind of addictive jajaja...
I ve seen some postings here about what bike to get if its your first time on a bike...Jason got me a kx125 2strokes he told me i was going to be fine so i believed him.... then i heard some comments...thats too much bike for her to b her first time...dont u think?? oops i started worrying. But you know.. i guess that having no clue about how powerful or bad a.. lol, a bike can be... i got on it no fear.. and im having so much fun after this few weekends riding it. I also have learned that if people tell u... OMG u cant do THIS or that before u try it.. u will limit yourelf. Of course.. u have to be very reponsible and dont things u stupid things that will put u in danger.
I could say also that yes... its a heavy bike to pick up but I get used to it my arms dont feel sore anymore.. ::cheer:: and taller than i was expecting but we r getting it lowered a bit to make me feel more comfortable cause its not easy to start it on a hill. other than that i love it . Of course I have to try out other bikes cause i havent, who knows maybe i would fall in love with another one. Im not saying mine is the best it depends on how comfortable u feel.. happily it worked out for me. I just wanted to give my opinion about the type of bike i ride being a beginner.
Anyway..I can't wait for the next Spa day, seems so much fun. I was watching a video of one..I also was wondering if that part of HP is only open during Spa days or other activities cause ive been looking for it 2 times we've been there but never find it. Cant wait cant wait! Im looking forward to meet u guys . Also want to thank the riders ive met and had been patient with me ::up::

Post subject: Re: Spa day 4/10 n' others...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:30 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Hey! Welcome! I am in a similar situation as you as far as having a powerful bike as my first bike lol. I had people trying to talk me out of it, but I did it anyway and don't regret it. I agree with you about not doing stupid stuff to stay safe. I mean it is dangerous, but riding in your comfort level and gradually working your way up is the best way to do it. Have fun and maybe I'll meet you at a spa day or something someday.

2009 KX100 #38
www.fairtax.org
www.nra.org

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity." Louis Pasteur

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:12 pm 
Team GOR
Team GOR

Hi Sylvia welcome to the ladies forum. The track you see us riding during Spa Day is across from the entrance to the new MXGP track. Not sure if you can ride it during regular times. Hope to see you at the next Spa Day.

Life's too short...Just do it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:09 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Hey Sylvia - Welcome! :) I plan to be at the next Spa Day and look forward to meeting you. It sounds like you have been riding often since you got your new bike so that is great. ::up:: You will enjoy Spa Day and getting to socialize with all of the ladies.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:23 pm 
Social Butterfly

Hi Silvia with an "i"! ::smirk::

Welcome to GOR, glad to see you joined, we have heard a lot about you through Jason, but happy to see you created your own user name to join us here. ::up:: The Spa Day Ladies are a hoot!

The next Spa Day is April 3rd, not sure I can make that one or not, but look forward to meeting you!

Good luck on your KX125, just ride it! You'll be fine, if your having fun on it and learning, it's all good! ::cheer::

~Michele w/ 1 "L" :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:55 pm 
GOR Pro
GOR Pro

Welcome Silvia! I plan to be there for the April spa day and can't wait to meet you. You will love spa day - good times and great ladies + Paul and our helpers. ::cheers:: It is an awesome day and I always come away with great new skills to practice. See you soon!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:02 pm 
D - class
D - class

Thank you guys, Ill be there! cant wait see u soon