Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I want to hear about everyone's rides this weekend
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:31 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Ok -I'm living vicariously through y'all. Let me hear all about your rides this weekend at HP or The Ridge or where-ever... :D

2009 KTM 200 XCW ~ SONNY <3

I do not regret the things I've done... I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance!!

Post subject: Re: I want to hear about everyone's rides this weekend
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:57 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

I know the feeling. Closest I get to riding is reading these forums. Bikes are winterized in the basement. Open enrollement for health insurance is tomorrow.. ::yippie:: ...after that, the heck with my non riding family members....Sundays will be MINE.....and I will need some buddies. I miss HP really bad, I miss the gals, I miss being the slowest rider on Spa Day, which unless they make Spa Day on Sunday, I am out...hubbie works Sat now.....I miss everything. I dont want to sell my bike, I just want to ride.........ya know, I wanted to post up relating to your situation about folks not approving of your hobby. I didnt want to seem like I was complaining, but I have a husband whos bike sits...he is crippled, cant ride, so when I want to, he makes all kinds of excuses about babysitting our son, who is 11... ::duh:: how hard is that. My son rides, but he wont ride HP because he is scared of hills.... ::duh:: ::duh:: ..I say try it, you will like it...NOPE. So I get greif from both ends. What is a mother and wife to do???

Lemmee tellya what I am gonna do...............after health insurance kicks in....LOL....
I am going to ride. I am going to meet all you new folks that have so much fun.....I am tired of getting fat and decrepid sitting around the house WISHIN I could ride. Im done. They can divorce me or disown me, I dont care. THat is my new years resolution.

Sorry for venting....I dont know where all that came from, but I feel better for saying it now. Thanks for listening, and when Sundays roll around and folks are riding, or dont mind extree tag-a-long...I will be there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:26 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Lisa - thank you for your heartfelt reply! While I was reading it, I could feel your feelings of frustration! You don't know how many times I've told myself "quit whining" - this is soooo temporary and there are so many others that it's not a temporary situation... But I'm so glad you said what you said about getting out there and riding! And I so appreciate all the encouragement I've received from my family at HP - because I finally put my foot down and told my family and my boss - I am making my own decisions - it is MY LIFE and I am keeping my bike and as soon as possible I will be at HP riding my bike!

And you know when you finally make a decision - how you know it's right because everything just feels right and you feel a sense of relief? Well that is exactly how I felt... and reading the last sentence of your post, it sounds like you felt that exact same thing ::up:: So would love you to come ride with us some Sunday. I don't have a spouse to ride with either - just my wonderful HP family ::yippie::

PS - maybe you're husband makes excuses because he's afraid you'll get hurt?

I do not regret the things I've done... I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:07 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Hi. Thanks for responding! I always go to HP by myself, so I will definately look you up upon your recoup.

BTW, hubbie dont worry........he is jealous...which I cant blame him, because his back is completely gone, and he hurts so bad every day. I really feel for him. Docs told him surgury was not an option, but I do beleive he wants to have it done anyways, even with the 40% sucess rate....he has three degenerated discs. And he is a heavy truck mechanic, been doing it for almost 30 years, and wont give it up because he dont know any other job.

I followed your evening out, and laughed at all the comments. The 'red-head' I do beleive loves to party.... :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:07 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

See if you can find a tame mx track close by for you and your son. Something you can do a half day or after school / work.

Tame being a track where you won't be jumped on like PoB (Partridge on Bubba). One of those non-paying empty field tracks near Canton would be perfect. If you find one don't tell anyone or it will get popular then shut down.

It's not woods and it's not HP but it will help you get the screaming meemies out and your son to get some precious seat time.

In the meantime, good luck staying sane.

Sorry about the hubbie's back.

Best,
- c bobette

Thanks to: Mika Metals, Twin Air, Scott, ZeaVision . . . . ><>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:42 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Well.....I didn't ride but I did clean my filter and changed the oil in my bike....did it myself!. ::cheer:: I'm changing out all the orange plastic for black. Replaced the front fender but had to order the rear along with the number plate. I did get the front fork covers but the front tire and forks will have to be removed to replace them. That was a bit above my technical abilities. ::confused2:: Barry at KTMWorld will take care of that this next week when the parts arrive. ::notworthy::

My ride will look great when it's all finished. ::up:: Plan to order some new graphics but haven't quite decided on which design.

LA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:19 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

You are gonna look so bad LARider! Scare us girls on pink bikes to death :D

Hey, I'm impressed girl! Can't wait to see it! Where do you go to look for new graphics?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:27 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Check out http://www.powersportgrafx.com

Pretty neat!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Hey, Leigh Ann.....miss ya. The bike sounds like it will look pretty cool. Can't wait to see it.
BTW.....one more cut on the ol head and I will be a SOLID shade of ...................gray. ::rotf::.....and check out what I got on my birthday! Sorry so large. A lil grandson!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:40 pm 
GOR Pro
GOR Pro

ok, here's my account of the events of yesterday:

Last Sunday we were supposed to to to The Ridge with a small group, but was a little up in the air due to our antics at Darwin's with Jackie the night before ::popcorn::. Long story short, we didn't make it, but Jeff and I were really disspointed because we love trying new places...and I had never been to Alabama before. So, last week, mid-week sometime, I got a text message asking if we'd be up for going to The Ridge this weekend...checked the weather (66 degree high, 58 low)..so, YES! Jeff had a conflict but was able to change to Sunday, so WE WERE IN!...Bike was clean, decals were on and I was ready! ::up::

Saturday comes and I'm getting a little nervous. By Thursday, apparently there were 20 people going on this trip. I'm not used to riding with such a large group and was nervous about holding others up, but excited to go to a new place. Pics online and my new Off Road Bike book had some really cool pics of The Ridge...description said that trails were Moderate to Slightly Difficult (compared to HP, which were moderate to Extremely Difficult), so I figured I'd be ok. Plus, the sand vs. GA clay, I figured I'd be ok.

So, Jeff and I arrived just after everyone else. We all registered and I met people in line for the mens bathroom (ladies was OOO), that I'd never met before. We all got dressed and circled the parking lot until everyone was ready...truly we had at least 20 people. Kevin could not get his bike started, so we brought in reinforcements, and finally that red-headed chick (I forget her name) that we met last week at Jackies party, got it started. Yeah! Finally, we all started out. The terrain was a little different, if gave more, and was a little less sticky, but less slippery than and more traction than you expected. Big rocks, roots and lose sand played tricks on your mind, but the bikes rode over them with ease.

ok, gotta go, more to come later...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:06 pm 
Social Butterfly

I rode the couch today for a few hours! ::applause:: It was soft and comfy just like my old KDX seat. ::smirk:: I don't ride the couch much, but today it just seemed right. Anybody see the movie called "The Hangover"? Cracked me up a few times, gotta have the humor for it though. I have my sights set on riding next Sunday! ::cheer:: I haven't ridden since Jan 3rd, and am becoming hard to live with. ::violin::

KonaKu, hated to miss The Ridge ride, but that's a haul for me and I was out a babysitter.
Good to hear you's had a big group and had fun! I have been there before, but it was 4-5 years ago, something different for sure.

LA-congrats on your new plastics and decision on getting new graphics! Post pics when it's finished. I struggle with forking out the dough on new plastics and graphics when I know they will get destroyed sooner or later. Never fails that the wire-tied or zip-tied plastics last forever, put a new set on, and *poof*.... cracked or scratched the very first ride. ::duh::

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:41 pm 
Social Butterfly

btw, since this is the Ladies Forum....Bradley Cooper was in "The Hangover" movie, and he is a total hottie! Image Jus' sayin! ::smirk:: ::up::

See for yourself:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1337100544/nm0177896

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:53 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

KTMmomma wrote:
btw, since this is the Ladies Forum....Bradley Cooper was in "The Hangover" movie, and he is a total hottie! Image Jus' sayin! ::smirk:: ::up::

See for yourself:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1337100544/nm0177896

Saw the movie over the holidays and I agree. :D ::up:: Some pretty funny and unexpected parts to say the least.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:28 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

KonaKu - So happy to hear y'all made it to the Ridge this weekend! So the mysterious Redhead came to the rescue huh? ::applause:: Guess she does know a thing or two about dirt bikes. Thanks for posting - I was really wanting to hear all about the Ridge ride. Any pictures?? And more stories???

Lisa- your grandson is adorable!

And yes - Bradley Cooper is adorable too ::smirk:: I just watched him in "All About Steve"... another movie you'd have to be in a silly mood to really enjoy - thank goodness I was ::popcorn::

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:30 pm 
KTM GURU

Hi, Jackie! Sounds like that ladies night out at Darwin's was really something different and fun! I did get in a little ride time at The Ridge with The Crew, then back to HP just long enough to grab a shower and head out with Travis to see the MMA fights at the Forum in Rome, and that was a crazy "ride". The fights were OK, but the people watching was great! Nothing like a Darwin's, I'm sure, but still pretty good. :) At one point during the intermission a huge guy with arms like my torso did a few bench press reps with 600 lbs. Then another huge guy does a dead lift with 775 lbs, but after seeing someone bench press 600 lbs, the dead lift was sorta lame. ::duh:: The dress code was, well, everything from coat and tie to tie dye T's. Scary teenage vampire girls to blue hairs on oxygen. One dude had green dreadlocks. Quite the variety. And.... there was a beer bar right behind me! Did I mention there were some MMA fights? They were going on somewhere there. :)

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

If you find yourself going through He11, keep going!