Georgia Off Road Visit Highland Park
Home
News
Forums
Calendar
Ladies
Gallery
Track Map
MX Tracks
ORV Trails
Dirt Bike Guide
Reviews
Dealer Guide - our own yellow pages!
Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge


It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: KTM 350SXF tuning
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:22 pm 
Offline
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:51 pm
Posts: 1016
Location: In front of the computer
Starting to wonder if I made a mistake on the 350 versus the 450. Struggled in the sand today to clear stuff I used to do on my older KX450F. I've read the 350SXF's with the fuel injection actually out performed the older 450's in HP. Need just a little more grunt. Do I need to do the top end? Maybe valve adjustment? Remapping? Better header pipe? Running a KTM FMF pipe with a stock header and assuming stock mapping on a 2014 350 SXF.

_________________
Ken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KTM 350SXF tuning
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:01 pm 
Offline
KTM GURU
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:48 pm
Posts: 15862
Location: Cedartown
The newer 350's have a lot more low end grunt than previous models, but you can get some extra bottom end torque from remapping and adding a little exhaust back pressure to your 2014 350.

_________________
Paul Wright
http://www.KTMWorld.com
http://www.HighlandParkResort.com

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

If you find yourself going through He11, keep going!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KTM 350SXF tuning
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:38 am 
Offline
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:51 pm
Posts: 1016
Location: In front of the computer
Thanks Paul!
What brand would you recommend for remapping and what sort of header?
Really like the bike just needs a little more.

_________________
Ken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KTM 350SXF tuning
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:01 pm 
Offline
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:19 pm
Posts: 1147
Location: North, GA
I have a 2014 350sxf set up for woods racing and I weigh approx 230 pounds. It has plenty of power for me, but I have the following on my bike:

FMF muffler/stock header (part 045561)
13/48 gearing
Sicass Racing EFI Map Plug/Wild (was given to me with bike not really sure if it helps)

I do ride the bike higher in the rpm range than I would a 450.....kind of ride it more like a 2stroke. As of this weekend I have 3 races on the bike and I love it. The 350 seems to have plenty of power, but it doesn't get me in trouble like a 450. I also have a 250sx and I find that even though one is a 2stroke and one is a 4stroke I tend to ride them similar.

_________________
Matt Parker

2016 KTM 250sx
2013 KTM 250sx (SOLD)
2014 KTM 350sxf (SOLD)
2012 KTM 500 XC-W (SOLD)

Light shines brightest in the dark!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KTM 350SXF tuning
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:33 pm 
Offline
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:51 pm
Posts: 1016
Location: In front of the computer
Gasholio wrote:
I have a 2014 350sxf set up for woods racing and I weigh approx 230 pounds. It has plenty of power for me, but I have the following on my bike:

FMF muffler/stock header (part 045561)
13/48 gearing
Sicass Racing EFI Map Plug/Wild (was given to me with bike not really sure if it helps)

I do ride the bike higher in the rpm range than I would a 450.....kind of ride it more like a 2stroke. As of this weekend I have 3 races on the bike and I love it. The 350 seems to have plenty of power, but it doesn't get me in trouble like a 450. I also have a 250sx and I find that even though one is a 2stroke and one is a 4stroke I tend to ride them similar.


Thanks for the response. In the trails its fine but there are a few places on tracks where there isn't quite enough. Does keep me out of trouble too. :)

I think the remap is cheaper than a Megabomb header. Really want to hear from someone who's done the header too. They have a pretty wild claim but the back pressure and smoothing the pulses makes sense as why the megabomb would help.

_________________
Ken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KTM 350SXF tuning
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:59 pm 
Offline
GOR Pro
GOR Pro

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:00 pm
Posts: 193
I ride mine lower in the RPM's most of the time. You really just need to learn the bike and know when it needs to be at higher RPM for the terrain. In harder/rockier stuff I ride low RPM and in sandy sections I run it higher.

I really like using the sicass Wild mapping plug.

In the past I got the switch but I found I ran the bike in wild 100% of the time. I had a full FMF system on my 2014 and 2015 350 and I actually liked the stock header better with an FMF 4.1 slip on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KTM 350SXF tuning
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:38 pm 
Offline
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:51 pm
Posts: 1016
Location: In front of the computer
Mark537 wrote:
I ride mine lower in the RPM's most of the time. You really just need to learn the bike and know when it needs to be at higher RPM for the terrain. In harder/rockier stuff I ride low RPM and in sandy sections I run it higher.

I really like using the sicass Wild mapping plug.

In the past I got the switch but I found I ran the bike in wild 100% of the time. I had a full FMF system on my 2014 and 2015 350 and I actually liked the stock header better with an FMF 4.1 slip on.


I've heard folks liked the stock pipe better. Running a FMF slip on now. Wanna sell the header? Looks like I need to order a plug though.

_________________
Ken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KTM 350SXF tuning
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:32 pm 
Offline
GOR Pro
GOR Pro

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:00 pm
Posts: 193
Sorry I sold that header last year. Save your money and run the stock one. It doesn't look as good but it pulls off the bottom better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KTM 350SXF tuning
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:38 pm 
Offline
KTM GURU
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:48 pm
Posts: 15862
Location: Cedartown
Mark537 wrote:
Sorry I sold that header last year. Save your money and run the stock one. It doesn't look as good but it pulls off the bottom better.

Bingo. The stock header on the dyno makes better low RPM power, but loses about the same amount on top to the FMF. The bike can rock with just some mapping and a slip on. If you want to be able to tune the exhaust for low or top power and more or less noise, I have what you need for that too. ::up::

_________________
Paul Wright
http://www.KTMWorld.com
http://www.HighlandParkResort.com

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

If you find yourself going through He11, keep going!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KTM 350SXF tuning
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:36 am 
Offline
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:51 pm
Posts: 1016
Location: In front of the computer
Paul Wright wrote:
Bingo. The stock header on the dyno makes better low RPM power, but loses about the same amount on top to the FMF. The bike can rock with just some mapping and a slip on. If you want to be able to tune the exhaust for low or top power and more or less noise, I have what you need for that too. ::up::


Ordered the Sicass plug in last night. Checked your website but didn't see the plug in. Once I plug in the Wild plug, I don't see it ever coming out. Probably coming up this weekend again though. What did you have in mind? Have a FMF slip on now.

_________________
Ken


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group