Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Scors Race 10/15 Sunday Dawsonville Ga - Anyone going
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:35 pm 
B - class
B - class

Tried to call- Couldn't find "PeelSkid'' in the book...

Would definitely like to get to know the land owner though. I looked up directions on google and noticed some of the "amenities" on this piece of land. ::shocked::

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:14 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Wish this wasn't a work weekend, would love to go spectate this race

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:25 pm 
B - class
B - class

Well, how'd everyone fare in the race yesterday and what was the deal with the delay?

I will say I was not prepared for the rocky hill at the end of the first powerline on the first lap. Nice rip down a powerline then BAM! 90 right and hang on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:35 pm 
Green Haze Emitter

Race Report:
PeelSkid
SORCS Homeplace HareScramble Oct. 15, 2017

I ran the 65+ class. My class started at 2 pm and I was on the row with the 55+. I rode my dual sport KTM 450 xc w.

I tried not to get the jump at the start so I could avoid the crashes and burns at the first turn but I ended up in the middle of the pack by default.

Laps one and two were spend just trying to maintain a constant speed and control arm pump and finger numbness. I was successful at all this.

Lap two, I was starting to get thirsty but my breathing was so heavy that I knew I would not be able to breathe hard and drink water at the same time. Also it was so rough there was nowhere to take my hand off the handlebar to reach my water tube.

Lap three, I went down a couple of times in 180 degree turns that were rutted and slippery. Basically, I washed out the front end. I am sure that my pack on the front fender with a tube and tools didn’t help the bike to track well. Lap three, I am beginning to really feel the jack hammer effect. That course was rough. In fact, I did not find any of the course to be what I like to call FUN RIDING. The course was rutted, slippery, slippery BIG roots, lots of rock from baseball size to bowling size, and off camber ( slippery ) sections leading to hard hill climbs. The 450 just muscled up that stuff like I was on a ride in N. Ga. In fact, the hill climbs were the only place I could hold pace with A riders.

Lap four, I was getting pretty tired and beat up from this rough course. Then, on a straight that was rutted and slick, I went down hard on the left side. An A rider came up and picked up my bike because my left leg was stuck under the bike and I could not get it out. I think being really tired caused that problem. As I was approaching the end of the lap four, I would start to wonder. If I had to do another lap ( 5 ) I wasn’t sure if I was going to do that, but as I rounded the finish line, I saw the checkered flag and I knew the end was at hand. Boy, was I glad that was over. After putting the bike back on the trailer and changing clothes, I saw Paul and John. They both had big smiles on their faces and fist bumps for me. I knew at that point that I had won. I took 1st place in my class.

BTW, many riders bailed from this race and did not finish. It was one tough race and it is the last race I will ever do. I am feeling the effects of it on my body today but I will recover and Barry, Todd and I have a ride planned for this Wednesday.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:06 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

PeelSkid wrote:
[url=https://postimg.org/image/2h9yiqejvv/] ..... I knew at that point that I had won. I took 1st place in my class.

Congrats Peel. Pretty good for an old windsurfer !! Glad to hear there were no injuries from all of the crashing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:31 am 
B - class
B - class

Nice write up, congrats on the win. No need to toss in the racing towel yet. There is still two rounds left...

I enjoyed the race, I like rocks over fast whoops anyday. However my hands didnt like it one bit.