Dirt Bike Guide
Reviews
Dealer Guide - our own yellow pages!
Contact GOR Administrators
Georgia Offroad

Create Your Badge

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stolen bike - $10,000.00 reward
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:35 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Holy piddley-poo! Bad News. I hope they get caught RED HANDED and it is taken seriously by the "system".

Hate to hear this, Good Luck PW. The reward might do the trick.

2009 KTM 300XC Morgan's

2005 Yamaha WR 250F #122

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:54 pm 
A - class
A - class

If I can find the scum bag I'll hand deliver them with the snot already slung out of em!!! I'd love to take my frustrations out on them and get paid doing it. I had a kdx200 stolen out of the back of a toyota pickup back in 97, I was very lucky and got the bike back about 6 months later.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:04 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

If you don't want your stuff stolen keep it locked at ALL times. That is the world we live in. And yes even the gas can out of my truck from was stolen from in town when I stopped to get gas and use the bathroom. TRUST NO ONE. After having tens of thousands of dollars of stuff stolen from me I have to be that way. And yes I even lock up my gas an now.

Wednesday when I was there their was at least three enclosed trailers one was from Maryland. It could be anyone of them. I doubt it though. They left their stuff lying about like everyone else.

HP is an easy target. New bikes in a row outside unlocked. Saff busy inside taking care of customer. It's the norm for people to be there with trucks and trailers hauling bikes. They fit right in. Even all of the put of state people.

HP is going to have to lock everything up like Lowe's or Home Depot does outside.

www.highlandparkresort.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:36 am 
KTM GURU

Blackie wrote:
That is the world we live in.

Maybe HP has been exempt, since we have never had any problems like this in the 8 years we have been open. You could trust all your fellow dirt bike riding folks that come here from all over, but I suppose it is a sign of the times. I know the state run ORV areas around GA have been a favorite spot for thieves for many years now.

We are about to install cameras everywhere we can, plus I am working on implementing a few other measures I won't mention, but they are aimed directly at catching a thief red handed, inside the store and outside on the property. Making an example of a few bad apples would be a good thing, besides of course eliminating them from HP.

Now accepting Barbie Jeep donations!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:47 am 
GOR Pro
GOR Pro

I lock up my bike at big rides where I camp inside my enclosed trailer . I had friends laugh , but like you said , if you are at a riding area ...... bikes in trailers and trucks look normal !! If I was a thief , where you go to steal a bike ????? To a HUGE big event !!!! where motorcycles are Then its like a shopping spree to them , but they steal them !! ::rant:: ::rant::

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:04 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

It's unfortunate to have to be this way but, you have to protect your employees, yourself and property. I hate it. You can't prevent every crime. Just don't make it easy for them. If you make your stuff hard to get they will go down the street to an easier target, you hope.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:12 am 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

Goochy wrote:
I lock up my bike at big rides where I camp inside my enclosed trailer . I had friends laugh , but like you said , if you are at a riding area ...... bikes in trailers and trucks look normal !! If I was a thief , where you go to steal a bike ????? To a HUGE big event !!!! where motorcycles are Then its like a shopping spree to them , but they steal them !! ::rant:: ::rant::

I got laughed at for stowing my lawn chairs back in the RV at night at the races. It is just cheap lawn chairs. One time people camping with us lost theirs to the thieves one night. They where glad I still had mine for something to sit on. The crooks had an easy opportunity and took advantage of it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:00 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

if you catch em I will cook and eat them. I hate thieves.
I ride at HP all the time and always leave my stuff open and have never had an issue. Most dirt bike folks are great honest hardworking folks. I sure hope you catch whoever is behind this.

PS I cook thieves with a flame thrower ::smirk::

Old Guys Rule

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:29 pm 
B - class
B - class

RPM393 wrote:
if you catch em I will cook and eat them. I hate thieves.
I ride at HP all the time and always leave my stuff open and have never had an issue. Most dirt bike folks are great honest hardworking folks. I sure hope you catch whoever is behind this.

PS I cook thieves with a flame thrower ::smirk::

I like that!! ::cheers:: And do it with some fava bean and a nice Chianti!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

OK, time for a pop quiz, kiddies ::geek::

Without looking at the first page, can you name two unique features of this stolen motorcycle?

One is unique enough to call the popo on the spot. Can you recall it without looking?

Best,
- c bob

Charity TBA Family Fun Ride - April 26, 2015
><>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:21 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

HP finned rear shock reservoir. That was the one thing I can remember. Did I describe it close enough? I know I could describe it, I have one on my KTM. What do I win, first crack at the perps family jewels?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:26 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

cbob wrote:
OK, time for a pop quiz, kiddies ::geek::

Without looking at the first page, can you name two unique features of this stolen motorcycle?

One is unique enough to call the popo on the spot. Can you recall it without looking?

Best,
- c bob

Forks.

HIGHLAND PARK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:30 pm 
GOR Assisted Living

Yep. Lots of GA KTMs with the finned HP reservoir. 13 model 300s with 4CS forks are probably pretty scarce ::up::

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:37 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

ScottGreer wrote:
Yep. Lots of GA KTMs with the finned HP reservoir. 13 model 300s with 4CS forks are probably pretty scarce ::up::

I doubt many dill does have ponied up the cash to have such items. Much less a new bike. Hope the dogs catch the scent.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:02 pm 
GOR Veteran
GOR Veteran

After my Cedartown buddy had his quads stolen....yep, picked them up over a skidsteer that blocked them in and busted down a barn door......I lock up EVERYTHING. Even at HP. Especially with me hiking about the property more than I ride. Lock my truck, my generator, anything of value. Shoot, our peaceful neighborhood where I live has had two break-ins last month. One neighbor lost EVERYTHING. I have big ol double barrel 12 gage now next to bed, and a 9mm too. Every door is double deadbolted. Why do we have to live like this??? Paul, I will watch around the hood at the C Town farm. Got meth-heads stealing stuff local. I will keep an eye out for a KTM.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next